CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 11, 2016

Finley Blake Yeafoli



I haven't anticipated the birth of any baby like I have Finley's. After Eliza lost Harper, the image of her having a healthy perfect baby was hard to imagine. I was nervous almost her whole pregnancy that something would go wrong, so when July 11th came, I was so excited. Eliza and Tony graciously allowed me to be in the O.R. with them when Finley was born. The doctors and nurses, especially the anesthesiologist, were so inclusive and inviting to me. They found out I wanted to be a nurse so they explained everything they were doing and even allowed me in for the spinal tap. As they cut through each layer, I was fascinated by the human body and by medical advances. How could they be slicing my sister open so effortlessly and without worry? When they got to the sac and right before they cut it and the fluid spilled out, I could see the baby's nose and lips pressed against it. The water was broken and her purple/white face popped out and they pulled her out. It was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.
Eliza's first time seeing Finley.



 This little fatty was 8 days early and weighed 8 pounds, 14 ounces.




 Eliza with Dr. Wilkes. They're besties.
 I will have a special bond with Finley forever. I saw her come out of a uterus.
 Audrey was really nice to let me have this experience. Eliza could only have one extra person in there and Audrey was very selfless about it.
 Grandma's 14th grand-baby. Side note- she's a hot grandma.

The day after Finley was born, I took my kids to meet her.  Beckam wanted nothing to do with her but the other kids loved her and were so gentle with her. I was surprised when Brody asked for a second turn. He's not the baby-loving type.



My mom was so nice and practically forced me out the door and watched my kids so I could go spend time with Eliza and Finley at the hospital. It was so nice to sit in a quiet hospital and snuggle with her and listen to her little sounds. Eliza was encouraged to go for walks to speed up her incision recovery so I decided to go on a walk with her. We just went down the hallway, turned around and walked back. I was holding Finley and Eliza was using the rolling bassinet for support. Three steps out the door and we got yelled at because apparently it's against the rules to hold a baby in a maternity ward. It was so dumb. So we did what the bossy lady told us and we put her in the bassinet. I don't know why they don't trust people to walk around with a baby that they are going to be taking home and raising for the rest of their lives.









0 comments: