CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Pure is Right


We went to the commissary today for our weekly grocery shopping. We filled our cart (or our buggy for those of you who were raised in the south) with a week's worth of food with the sweet sound of two little boys whining ringing in our ears. Why won't they just sit in the cart? Seriously.

Anyway, when we got to the milk/orange juice section towards the end, we were hungry (it was about 4:30), thirsty, tired and ready to be done. We saw this orange juice and Adam had said he had heard it was good. "$3.00 for a little thing of orange juice?" I said. Contrary to not-so-popular belief, we aren't made of money. That's not what I said, though. "Sure- whatever. We'll try it. Let's get out of here." is closer to what I said.

Usually on grocery shopping days, we come home and have Adam's French Toast for dinner so we decided to try out the Tropicana Pure Valencia (we chose the Orange Mango flavor out of the few different flavors they had). There is a reason I am dedicating an entire post to this drink. It was the best beverage that has ever been in my mouth. Its name says it all. Well, not all, since I feel the need to write 3 paragraphs about it, but it is so pure. It's smooth and silky and kind of creamy. I've never understood the word silky when talking about food or drink, but now I do. Just go try it, okay? Just fork out the $3.00 and try it. You won't regret it- I promise.

Side note- this is my 101st post. I'll be honest- I'm proud of myself for sticking to this blogging thing for so long.

15 comments:

Adam said...

I'm proud of your 101st too. I look forward to the next 100. When you hit 202 though, I'm done. Just kidding of course, I'll read anything you write. And that juice is awesome. Save some for me, Already! SHeesh!

Nicole said...

Ummm...remember that part at the end of VT where you ask, "Is there anything we can do for you?"...

See you on Friday:)

Becky said...

The best beverage that has ever been in your mouth huh? Wow. That is some recommendation. I'll have to cough up some dough and try it.

Sylwia said...

i bought this last week. it was good but too sweet for me...

The Galan Family said...

Yummy, it sounds so good. I'll have to give it a try. You had me at "silky" :)

Lenae said...

If you're willing to blog about this juice, I'm willing to shell out the big bucks to buy it. P.S. I promise, someday soon, I will pick up my cards. Really.

Kendra said...

Marc would really appreciate this post as a juice connosier (sp?). I will have to buy it for him. He is especially in love with orange juice! Also you are cute and funny!

Anonymous said...

I saw your juice at the store yesterday and had to try it--even though I don't regularly buy juice. And you are right--it is excellent. "Silky" is a very good description. Ryder wants to drink it non-stop! You should get something for your advertisement. Maybe free juice, at least.

Winn Family said...

That bottle looks like tanning lotion...ha ha! But it still looks yummy! that's it, I'll try it!

Army Petes said...

I bought your orange juice last night. It's different, but I think I'm liking it. Thanks for the suggestion. I would like to suggest Real Lemonaid, It's by the Real Orange Juice people. It's better then everyone else.

kjSmith said...

Bought it. Tried it. Loved it.

Zachariah Parry said...

$3.00 may not be a lot of money once, but if it is as good as you say, $3.00 regularly over a lifetime is more than I can afford. Plus, Sylwia Lipinska didn't like it, so I'm not sure I can trust your opinion anymore.

Stephanie said...

So, Erik read your post and went to the commissary and had to buy it. It was really good, and you were so right on about it being "silky, smooth". It was amazing. I just thought it was so funny that my husband got it just because you said it was good. He cracks me up.

Lynette said...

I am SO excited for this. You do a great job "selling" it. They should pay you! We need formula soon and this is at the TOP of my list.

Nicole said...

You DO deserve a commission for this stuff! It is every bit as good as you said it would be -- whoever assigned you to be my VT was inspired;)