CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Going Back to the Time of Adam's Birth

This last week, Adam turned 30.  That's right.  He's old.  I am now officially married to an old guy.  For his birthday bash, I decided to ask everyone to come dressed in 80's garb (Adam was born in 1980).  Best decision I have ever made.  Seriously.  If a picture really is worth a thousand words, then here are like a million amazing, hilarious, and disturbing words for you:

Shari and Kelly came as a couple since their husbands are both deployed.
   The Galans.
 The Pilkingtons.
The Winns. You are seeing zebra print spandex pants and not just imagining it.
 The Rhodeses. 
 Adam was depressed that he was the only guy without a wig.  Also, I'm not sure why we don't have a picture of the Glovers but he had a pretty amazing mullet and she paint splattered her shirt.
 
Group photo.  These are some of the funniest people ever.  I had to really use a lot of bladder control around these peeps.

We played a bunch of "Minute to Win It" games and it was so fun!  And hilarious.  And not just because everyone looked like fools trying to complete a task dressed like a freak (as illustrated in the pictures below).
 Blowing cups down with balloon air. I couldn't complete this task because I was laughing too hard. Have you ever tried to blow a balloon up while laughing?  You probably can't do it, either.
 Stacking M&Ms on straws. And Cari having a good ol' time in the background.
 This chick can get a cookie from her forehead to her mouth in 6 seconds flat in case any of you were wondering.
 Getting pennies out the toes of pantyhose.  See all the cute little babies in the background?
 Megan got the pennies so fast but then couldn't get her arms back out of the pantyhose.  Hil. Arious.
 Check out the no smoking sign shirt thingy.  Who DIDN'T own one of those?
 This sure is what I married. Pretty hot, right?
 Shari shaking her booty to get the ping pong balls out of the Kleenex box strapped to her bum. Ben, if you are reading this, it was hot.  Smokin' hot.
 Dantzel rocking hard core for those ping pong balls.
 Don't you love those gloves?
 No words.
 Is it just me or does it look like Aaron is doing a graceful dance? Or maybe tiptoeing?
Mullet buddies.  Sadly.

And there you have it. Happy Birthday, Adam!  I hope you enjoyed your twenties, because it's all downhill from here. 


13 comments:

Hannah said...

Simply amazing. Wish we could have seen it in person.

Jay and Sherrie said...

That is So awesome. Wish we could have seen it person, although your pics do show a lot of the amazingness.

Shari Davis said...

One word...........AWESOME!!!

ok, maybe not one word, but for real, never laughed so hard since Ben left. I'm SO glad I went!!!!!! You're the awesomeness!

The Galan Family said...

You guys are definitely party planning pros! (good job Jess :) We had a blast and seriously I haven't laughed so hard or almost peed my pants in a really long time watching everyone and seeing Adam with nylons on his head. One word...Unrecognizable! So funny! Thanks for such a fun night!

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

That looks like a super rad party! Happy Birthday!

sNick said...

I'm still pretty sure I was imagining the zebra print spandex.

Ben Davis said...

Jess, great job! Can I have an awesome party like that for MY 30th? I'll settle for just the Kleenex box tied to my wife's bum if the party is too much trouble. You're right. It WAS hot!! Can't wait to see you guys again. Soon!

Layne and Lorrie said...

We were wondering why McKenzie got so many calls for babysitting! I was seriously laughing so hard at the pictures - and some of the people I only recognized because their arm was around their spouse! And zebra spandex!! - where do you even find stuff like that unless you actually owned them before the party! So funny! Oh, and Happy Birthday, Adam! I don't think you're old! :)

Stephanie said...

I'm with Lorrie, where did he get the zebra spandex...seriously!!!
Laughed SO HARD, and that was just from looking at the pictures!! I can only imagine the calories burned that night! What a fun idea!

Jonathan and Rachel said...

SOO FUUNY! Where did you think of so many fun games ... and I vote for the Winns for best costume!! So fun!

Jason said...

Jess, what an awesome party! I missed a really good one. Happy Birthday to Adam and I miss you guys. The games sounded hilarious and I know Kelly had a blast. Jess was rockin' those pants really hard, you all are hilarious.

Becky said...

I don't know what everyone is talking about. Those clothes were cute. I still wear some of that stuff :) I dare you to try to get Dad to wear zebra striped spandex pants.

Scott and Katelyn said...

this is hilarious and such a great idea!!