CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Another Trip to the Zoo


(Adam and Bridger making elephant sounds)


Yesterday we took another trip to the zoo, only Adam was able to come this time. It was Brody's friend Hayden's birthday so we went to celebrate Hayden turning 3. Bridger was well-rested this time (for the beginning of the trip at least) so he really enjoyed it. Brody was really excited as well- he ran from one exhibit to the next so fast that we almost lost him a few times. Our favorite parts were the same as last time- the huge gorillas being fed and being able to feed the giraffes. We also enjoyed the penguins, who were especially playful and the birdhouse, where the boys kept trying to have a bird sit on their hand. We were all so exhausted when we left- the boys (all three of them) slept on the way home and I crashed and took a nap when we got home.

If you are ever in the South Carolina area, I really recommend going to this zoo. It is really interactive and there is a lot for the little kids to do.

A few of you have asked about how Adam is doing. He gets his bandage contacts out today and is really excited for it. His vision is still blurry and one of the drops he has to put in is a white liquid, which makes his contacts white and hazy, which is annoying. Last night he was trying to read the guide on tv and said excitedly, "Hey! If I close one eye, squint the other and tilt my head a little, I can see that clearly!" How sad is that? Also, if you are wondering why he's not wearing his glasses in any of the pictures at the zoo, it's because he's naughty. He said he was fine but I'm pretty sure his vision will never be right now and that his eyes are going to have holes burned through them from the sun.

I also want to throw out a CONGRATULATIONS!!! to my little sister Audrey, who is engaged. We are really excited for you and are so glad you found Mike!!! I can't wait to meet him.

11 comments:

Leslie Watters said...

Looks like y'all had a great time. The smiles on the boys' faces are priceless! I can't wait to take Andrew.

Lant Family said...

Looks like fun. We can't wait to go to the Zoo in St. Louis we love it and it is FREE! How awesome is anything free these days.

Bastianclan said...

WE love the Zoo. Do you guys ever feed nectar to the Birds? That is one of our favs.

Awee Adams poor eyes. That is not so fun. I hope they get better soon.

Tina

Zachariah Parry said...

I actually was wondering why he wasn't wearing his glasses. What a naughty, naughty boy.

Eliza said...

I see you remembered their jackets this time. Did you not want another non-functional souvenir zoo hoodie?

Becky said...

Yeah, I hope you said bad words to the gift shop or spit at it or something. It was a fun little zoo though.

The Findarle Family said...

Thank you for the shout out. I really liked it and I cant wait for you to meet him either, He is pretty much perfect and amazing in every way... whoops it is sappy ok? I am still in the loving stage of my relationship.... haha Just Joking. I love you and can't wait to go to New York with you in a few weeks. Oh and cool zoo, disobedient husband and cute boys ok?

Shari Davis said...

I just have to say that you guys are the cutest family EVER!!!!!!! I was looking at your family pic on the Johnson's website and you are just a beautiful family!!!!

Scott and Katelyn said...

I went to my parents house yesterday and got your sweet, sweet card. How you find the time to do it with two kids is beyond my comprehension. Thank you so much you are the best. I found out it's a girl, which I'm so excited about!! You guys have the cutest little family. I hope to have that soon as well!!

Jacob Parry said...

Weee! You're family is like the cutest ever! I can't wait to have one of my own some day. I can't even believe how beautiful your family is, really!

Seriously though, Cute!!

Kendra said...

I am glad you had fun. I wish we had a cool zoo close by. We had some friends try and go to the Las Vegas zoo and I heard some horror stories. They didn't even go inside! Also tell Adam he is in trouble for not wearing his super cool glasses!