CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 19, 2008

Merry Christmas to all!

Well folks, Christmas is just around the corner so our family has been doing all sorts of fun stuff to celebrate. Here is a list of just a few: hay ride through Lights of the South, pictures with Santa, the lighted boat parade on the river, the Ward Christmas party dressed like shepherds, making cookies and candies, decorating a gingerbread house, and of course - getting sick. We have pictures to prove everything below (except for the sickness because a a picture of Bridger's snotty nose, or Jess's strep throat would be less than pleasing.)

Above is our award winning gingerbread house. The award actually goes to Bridger and Brody who helped with the project and is for "The Most Candy Ever Eaten in One Sitting by Two Boys Under the Age of 4". I'd like to say that ours was the best looking this year, but it just wasn't. It was fun to make though and we (Brody and Bridger especially) enjoyed eating lots of goodies. When we were all done with the house, Brody looked at it and said, “We need a chimney so the wolf can go down it and eat the little piggies.” Mmmmm....Christmas Ham!

These pictures are two of many that we took during the Ward party. A lot of people dressed up and though we ate on the floor and had to 'buy' our food with beans, we had a lot of fun and enjoyed the simple Christ-centered program. When the primary choir of about 10 kids was up on the little stage singing, Bridger ran away from me to go up there and join them. Rather than call more attention to it by going to get him, I just let him participate. He got right up there with the singers and stood in the front, swaying to the music, smiling and looking around as though he were the star. When they walked off the stage he did too. It was really cute. I'm pretty sure that if Jess had lived back then in that area guys would have thought she was really hot in her head scarf. (unless they were blind - in which case they should have sought out Jesus.)
You can't really see the boats in the background of this picture, but this is me and the boys river side watching the boats drive by with all their Christmas lights on. I thought they would really like it, but all Brody wanted to do was push the stroller around and all Bridger wanted to do was run away.

On the hay ride at lights of the South - the Batman symbol in the back was not actually part of the show. Someone was in trouble! Strangely enough, Brody disappeared for a while right after that and came back sweaty and bruised with a triumphant smile...
Bridger likes trains. Jess likes to be a trucker.
I'm not sure what Santa was saying to Brody when this picture was taken, but I'm pretty sure it was mischevious. In any case, its a cute picture, and this was the first year that Brody actually sat on Santa's lap and smiled for the picture willingly - I guess he REALLY wants that toy crane that he's definately not getting. He'll just have to settle for the Tonka truck. As you can see below, Bridger does not like Santa, but took his candy anyway. I guess he finds no problem with taking gifts from perceived enemies; he wouldn't even let me check it for poison.
By the way, we are pretty sure that this guy was the real santa. He had a perfect beard and a nice hearty HO HO HO. He even reminded Brody to leave some cookies and milk for him. If only he could have known to say something like: "Eat your dinner every night little Brody, or next year I'm giving you reindeer poop."

13 comments:

Lenae said...

Um, there's just too much to comment on! The funny stuff was hilarious, and I love that Bridger went up there and sang- how cute! And you guys totally rock the biblical-era clothing.

Anita said...

I love the picture of Brody and Santa close up! So cute. Sorry you guys got sick...but Jessica your hair looks awsome. And I only wish I could make a gingerbread house as cool as yours. I opted NOT to do one this year because it is always a disaster:)

Bart and Misty Brimhall said...

I have some pics of your family on my blog making your house. Cute blog!

Kendra said...

We got to dress up for our Christmas party last year also! It was so cool to celebrate that way! I think you are right about that being the real Santa, he looks awesome! You guys look all happy back together as a family!! I hope everyone is feeling better now and the sickness stays away for Christmas!!

Nicole said...

Amen on the real Santa thing. Lights of the South Santa is the best I have ever seen!

heather said...

Wow, you guys have been busy! Love the Santa pictures too!
PS: Awesome that Brody wanted to add a chimney to the house. So funny!

Staci said...

That santa does rock.. I think it may be the real one.. the ones in Hawaii most definantly aren't.. I love your family picture.. you all look amazing~So nice to be all together again!..I love the pictures with Brody and Santa.. that is a framer! However my favorite is by far the reindeer poop.. I miss you!

Brooke said...

Dang I miss those adorable boys!! Jess look hot as usual.

Becky said...

Great blog Adam. I'm glad you guys are doing so much Christmas stuff with your little boys. It looks like you can't get enough of those boys, Adam. I'm so glad you are home!

Stephanie said...

Nice job Adam. Erik doesn't ever do anything with our blog but read it, Oh and he uses it for links to other more interesting blogs than mine. :)

Nice job on the Gingerbread house, and thank you for sparing us the picture of Bridger's snotty nose, or Jess's strep throat!
I loved the Bat-signal in the background! Go Brody!
I'm kind of sad that we won't make it lights of the south, I've heard that we will miss out. The pictures with Santa are really cute!
When I was leading the kids in their song for the Christmas program, and Bridger came up, it was really cute. He was so good, he just stood there and looked cute.

Audrey and Mike Findarle said...

I am glad you are home too Adam except I will probably see you just as much as i did before but at least now jessica wants to continue living. Also, brody and bridger are so big! and attractive. I didnt think bridger would go up on the stage like that... brody was never that brave. p.s. mike has a picture of him as a wise man or prince or something but he was wearing alot of blush and blue eyeshadow and maybe even lipstick and looks like a total princess. and when i make fun of him he says... the makeup is so the audience could see my features! i hope brody doesnt get the same treatment from his wife.

Zachariah Parry said...

Great update. I like it when the boys are dressed alike.

There definitely needs to be some way for the wolf to get into the piggy's house.

I think it is funny to picture Mike as a featureful princess.

Brooke said...

Jessica is HOT and her friends want her to move back to Henderson. Prolly her family too. Glad to see that this "Adam" person is not just a myth. I wondered for a while...