CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Feeling Like a Parry Again

My brother called me last Sunday and asked if I wanted him and his family to come over. Obviously I did. "How about Wednesday?" he asked. I was so excited.

So Wednesday, Zach, Amber, Cadence and Jack got here. The kids were all so excited. We just hung out and visited for the rest of the day. The kids got to go play outside in the sandbox and we caught up.
Thursday we went to Jump City and then to the pizza buffet Stevie B's for dinner. Zach definitely got his money worth, eating 9 pieces of pizza and some bread sticks. That includes the dessert pizza- I think he ate 3 pieces of s'more pizza. Very impressive. He said he was trying to make up for losing a french toast eating contest when we were little when I ate 9 french toasts and he ate like 3 or 4.

(I love Jack's little face peaking under the rim of the car)

On Friday Zach and I took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese's (which our kids call Chucky Jesus). I'm not sure what we were thinking. It was Friday night of Spring Break/Masters week. It was so busy and crazy and Brody kept running off and Bridger wanted me to hold him the whole time. Luckily, when we went to cash in our tickets, instead of giving us the 6 tootsie pops that we had enough tickets for, the lady just handed us the rest of the bag that they had, which was about 20 suckers. Therefore, the first 8 minutes of our ride home was quiet. Those kids can down suckers like I've never seen.
Saturday we drove to Columbia, SC to go to the temple. Zach, Adam, and I went in and did temple work while Amber took the kids to the park. Then we all went to the zoo for a few hours and got to see some cool animals. I think the kids' favorite was the elephants, who did their large #2 in front of us. Large is an understatement, by the way. When we got home, we had a little Easter egg hunt in our back yard, which took about 3 minutes.
Also, every night after the kids went to bed, we got to play the Wii that Zach brought. It was so fun! We played Rock Band, which is my absolute favorite. We also played cow jumping, bowling, tennis, and Mario Kart (not my favorite). Poor Adam missed out on most of the adult only fun (that sounds bad, but it wasn't at all, okay?) because he started working mids (9pm-7am), so he was tired and almost not functioning the whole week.
It was so fun to be with Zach and Amber and the kids. I loved having a little girl around that I could paint nails with and play with her hair. She is such a girly little princess and I loved it! I also loved doing things with Zach. It made me feel like a Parry again- like when we lived across the street from each other at BYU and when we lived together when he was engaged and Adam was at boot camp. We did a craft together that was really fun and turned out great. Maybe he'll post it on his blog. Jack is a squishy, yummy, dimply little boy. He gives awesome dirty looks and has a hilarious laugh. It was also fun to have Amber around to talk to and do nails with and help with the cookit. I wish they could have all stayed longer.
Cadence and me in our matching skirts I made. I know next time to make pink skirts. She doesn't really like to wear anything that doesn't have pink in it. Oh- and I dont' have a picture of it, but Jack and Cadence had THE cutest Easter outfits. Cadence had a pretty little dress and matching headband and Jack had a pink church shirt with a blazer, white pants, and SADDLE SHOES! How cute is that? I wish you knew how cute it was.

7 comments:

Amber said...

It was a WAY FUN week!!! Thanks again for letting us come play with you!!!

Zachariah Parry said...

WAY WAY fun. I wish you lived closer so we could do it more often.

I thought Adam did considerably well considering how little sleep he had.

Also, I don't mean to make myself sound like more of a pig, but if you are counting the dessert pizzas, I had more like 13 or 14 slices.

We'll be posting to our blog soon, though we'll probably break the trip up into three or four posts because I tend to write a lot.

Kendra said...

Those are great pics! I am glad that you could have some fun with your family! It looks like you had a great Easter!

Emma said...

How fun Jessica! I wish that someone from my family could drive over and spend some time at my house.... :) But to not sound so pitiful, my parents are coming soon!

Becky said...

I LOVE that the cousins got to have so much fun together. And the siblings too! I wish I could have been there. Maybe some day we can all live close, m'kay?

Eliza said...

I hate Chucky Jesus, it should be called Chucky Satan.

Kyle and Heidi Clarke said...

Jessica Parry!... I mean, Lindquist! I found your blog! You have such a cute familia! You're so cute! All boys... and here Kyle is with all girls... It looks like you guys are doing really well- I'm so happy for you! Are you still in the south? Drop me a line when you can.
love, Heidi
ps - LOVE the skirts you made.