CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Warning: Viewer Discretion Advised


This post is a bit out-dated, but definitely worth the wait. My parents came down for a few days at the end of May to visit and play, and while I can say I had fun, I think Brody and Bridger probably had a total blast.
Papa became a human jungle gym, a wrestling partner, a monster, a dragon, a sand box friend, a book reader, a strawberry picker, and a general play-thing for the weekend. I'm pretty sure that he enjoyed it just as much as the kids did. The following pictures show various stages of play and I've put up some videos of the fun as well - you can see the two videos (they're long. sorry.) by scrolling to the video play at the bottom of the blog. It was a really great weekend and we had so much fun together - Jess and I even got to go to a movie while my parents took the boys to the strawberry patch. (They said the kids were sooo good in the car until they tried to "share" ice-cream. Bridger would have none of that and told them in no uncertain terms.)








Brody would wrestle with Papa until neither of the two could hardly breathe any more. I don't think Brody realized that someone could match his energy level for so long, or that he could be flipped around so many times and still know which way was up.








If needed Brody knew he could find protection in Nana's arms, but he always ended up back on the bed trying to defeat the crazy wrestle-mania papa.










Don't run! It's only Jess! We all dabble in the very fun and funny art of taping our faces. You'll have to decide for yourselves who looks scarier, but my vote goes to Bridger! (Though I have to admit that my face also gives me the creeps.)

















Whoville anyone?






















Probably scarier without the tape.


















Demon pork?













Hide your babies!














Wow. Just wow.















Its so cute I'm thinking of making it permanent.

















AAAAAAAAaah!






























This is the dragon. My dad's finger is a bit chewed up from various saw blades having their way with it, but even though it makes an ugly finger, it makes an excellent dragon. When Brody says that the moon is half gone because the dragon ate it this is the big bad dragon he's talking about.























Bridger wasn't sure what to think of it.
















GOTCHA! You never knew I could be so attractive, right?
















































































9 comments:

Aivaz Family said...

Gotta be honest. Tape faces- little bit creepy, but I love you guys so its okay. Grandparents are the best. Jess, I can't wait til you come here.

Hannah said...

You guys look awesome!!!

Nicole said...

I don't know which impresses me more -- that you are willing to post pictures of yourself taped up or in swimsuits! You guys are great.

Lenae said...

Yeah... Those tape faces- yikes. But whatever, if you guys had fun, who cares if it freaks the rest of us out :)

Audrey and Mike Findarle said...

question....why are your boys so dang cute? i like strawberries and tape monsters...oh and diana and adam are the ugliest tape monsters.... they scared me half to death!

Justin and Lindsay Wilkin said...

Jessica, Wow, you guys are creative! I am sitting here laughing, but thinking what in the world!? I have never seen anything like this in my whole life. Ha Ha!

Bastianclan said...

Jessica,
I got it to work I think. I just highlight your blog and I can see the words. Weird. My computer is silly. Thanks for helping me get my picture.
Tina

Stephanie said...

So funny! I loved the tape faces, I was laughing so hard my husband just had to see what I was laughing at. He didn't even recognize you guys like that. It was great! Thanks for the great idea!

Becky said...

I knew Craig was a maniac but I loved seeing Diana with the taped faces. Very creative. We'll have to get out the super glue and see if we can beat Nana and Papa when they come here!