CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Uncle Michael and Brody's First Day of School

This last week we had my brother Michael stay with us to help out while Adam is gone. He is 17 which is really weird to me since he was 10 when I moved out. It seems like he should still be a little boy but he's so not. While Michael was here, we tried to think of fun things to do but let's face it- Grovetown, Georgia doesn't have a whole lot to offer. We went to Jump City and Stevi B's last week and then Monday we drove to Columbia, SC to go to the children's museum there. It was pretty cool. The kids really liked it- and as you can tell in the picture of Michael, he did too. He built a little house with Brody in the "handy man" section. Don't you think his shirt is appropriate for the picture?














































Yesterday was Brody's first day of preschool. He was so excited to go to school. He kept talking about riding a bus even though he won't do that for a couple more years. On the way to school he was asking if there was a playground there and what kinds of things the playground had. He said, "Is there swings?" I told him I didn't know. He said, "When I get to school, I will tell (ask) my teacher if there are swings."

When we got to the school he found his little cubby with his name on it for his lunch bag and hung up his backpack and went in to meet his teachers. They gave him a little name tag necklace to wear and showed him around the classroom. You can go upstairs to a really neat little loft area with books where they have story time. I told him I was leaving and he didn't care at all. I asked him for a hug and kiss and he just said, "I'm reading". Like that's more important than saying goodbye. So I'm pretty sure I had a harder time than him with the separation. When I went to pick him up his teachers said he did great and he was excited to see me. On the way he told me all about his day- the book they read, the things they played and about the number 1, which is what they learned. They also memorize a Bible verse every week. Brody loved school and is excited to go back on Thursday.

13 comments:

Leslie Watters said...

What a big boy!

Bastianclan said...

I'm going to have to check out the Childrens Museum. It looks awesome.

So our boys are in the same pre-school that is pretty cool. Chandler had a wonderful first day. I love that they get to find their name and put in the mail box. Super cool!!! I am enjoying some scrapbook time with no kids. fun fun

Lenae said...

Wow- Brody's in SCHOOL now?! Um, are you ready for that? ...Because I don't think I am (ha ha). And thanks for the compliments on my scrumptious offspring, but I think you're in the club too. Hope you're doing well!

Amber said...

That's so fun!! I'm glad he loved his school day!
I have a hard time when I drop Cadence off for nursery and she doesn't care about saying goodbye, I always track her down and force her to hug me. Maybe that's bad, but otherwise I cry!

heather said...

Brody is already in Pre-school?! Wow, he sure is getting big. I love that he totally loved school and was so excited to go.
By the way, that Museum looks awesome! I loved that picture of the big Operation game.

Unknown said...

Which preschool is he attending? Looks like he's having fun! Madison just started Pre-K Monday...so I'm adjusting to only having 2 at home now...but they ARE two boys...so there is never a dull moment...just a little less fighting :)

Brooke said...

Um, I think I am totally in love with pretty much all of your family. Michael is hot in those pics and your kiddo looks absolutely darling!! Not to mention you're pretty sexy yourself.

Zachariah Parry said...

I still have a picture of me with a backpack on my first day of school ever. Of course that was back in the day before our parents sent us to preschool. Miss Nancy never loved me.

Kendra said...

I am feeling vaclemped (sp?) I can't believe that Brody is such a big boy now!! Why do they have to grow up so darn fast?!? I hope everything is going well!

Becky said...

New format? Why are the comments listed right underneath your blog? It was nice that you didn't complain about your week, and tried to find the positive. Can't wait until you come. I hope you can stand to live with us.

Audrey and Mike Findarle said...

Brody is so smart! and attactive! and so is michaels shirt. how appropriate. also... that big operation table=coolest thing I have ever seen

Anonymous said...

Brody is THE smartest 3 year old alive. Anyone who thinks otherwise is ... a really wierd person who probably smells of cabbage and squirrels. Also, I wish I could have gone to the museum too, I was always really good at operation. Also, Also, Jess is amazing.

Anonymous said...

How cute! Michael is too, but I was mostly referring to Brody--and you!