CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Myrtle Beach

We went to Myrtle Beach in 2006 when Brody was 15 months old. We had a blast so we decided to make another trip there this year during Adam's terminal leave before he starts his new job. We made it to the beach twice, Ripley's Aquarium, and the water park there, Myrtle Waves. We got a lot of sun and had some fun. Vacationing with a 2 year old and a 4 year old doesn't ever amount to 100% fun.

Funny story..we pretty much ate every meal out since our hotel room didn't have a kitchen. Once when we were sitting at the table eating, Bridger climbed under the table and wouldn't come out. He kept telling us to leave him alone and that he was going to stay under there for "a yil bit". He just sat there under the table for like 10 minutes. Then we realized that he had soiled his diaper under there. He was too embarrassed to do it in front of us. When I said that happened, once, I meant thrice. Three times he crawled under the table to do his business and wouldn't come out until he was sure he was done. You'd think he would be ready to potty-train. Well he's not, okay? We've tried. He hates the toilet.

Also, every time we went into the elevator at our hotel, Bridger said, "I want to go down the alligator!"

So anyway, here are the pictures:

Friendly sawfish at the aquarium.

In front of the aquarium.

These boys love each other. They don't always act like it, but I love when I see the love they have for each other in the things they say.
Bridger in the sand dog.
I thought this was creepy, but who doesn't love a creepy sand creation?
Adam built this sand turtle and the boys had fun collecting shells to put on top.
Adam's creations- sand turtle, Lightning McQueen, and sand castle. I think he liked playing in the sand more than the boys did.
Brody and I had so much fun jumping over the waves. I love the Atlantic Ocean. It is way warmer than the Pacific. Also, how thrilled would that lady behind us be if she knew she was on the internet?

Brody finally got the courage up to brave the BABY water slide at the water park like 30 minutes before we had to go. It took 3 hours of convincing. Then he went over and over and over again. Bridger- not so much.

11 comments:

Aivaz Family said...

So. Jealous. I need a vacation. So. Bad.

Lenae said...

You're a good caption-writer... I almost enjoy the captions more than the pictures. Your kids are ridiculously cute!

Nicole said...

Hi. Could you please stop posting pictures of you and Adam and your "not an ounce of fat anywhere" bodies? 'Cuz like I need a bigger complex.

You guys are pretty much the cutest family ever. Just so you know.

Becky said...

Love me those cute boys! Looks like you had a ton of fun. I can never make castles that look like castles.

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Looks like SO so much fun! We're planning to be there on Saturday - sorry I haven't RSVP'd sooner -- Jonathan and Benjamin are going to hang out - but I will probably have Micah :) See ya soon!

sNick said...

I think that I'm going to track that lady down and let her know that she's on the internet. I'm sure she'll be ecstatic.

Becky said...

It's only an acronym if you pronounce it - like NASA or SCUBA. Otherwise, it's just an abbreviation, or more specifically, an initialism. Don't you read Zach's blog?

Scott and Katelyn said...

2 kids and skinny in a bathing suit? teach me.

Me said...

That's so funny!. And they are super cute kids!

Winn Family said...

LOVE IT! A#1--you look so great in a swim suit--and it's sooooo cute! That turtle was awesome (and with the shells on top---who thinks of stuff like that? AWESOME! And so brave of Brody to do the slide--sad it wasn't till the end though. We want to go the weekend of August 8th...but for real...where to stay what to do ..... I LOVED how you made a sand DOG too. That was awesome!!! Okay--just great--good job!

Brianna said...

Oh my goodness! Each of my boys called the elevator the "alligator". How funny is that? It must be a boy thing. Looks like you guys had a very fun vaca!