CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Brody's School Blanket

Brody is starting the Georgia-funded Pre-K program this year. It is freaking me out that he will be at school 7 hours a day, 5 days a week as a 4 year old. It seems crazy. But what seems more crazy is me- when he's home all day. You can't really beat free preschool. So anyway, they have nap time at school and each child is asked to bring a blanket to keep at school for their naps. Brody doesn't really have any blankets- he never got attached to one as a baby like Bridger did. My friend Hannah gave me the idea to go to Joann's and let him pick out his own fabric for a blanket to take to school. I know- she's smart. When we were going to Joann's, I asked what kind of blanket he wanted and he said he wanted a sheep blanket. There was no sheep fabric, but luckily he spotted this map fabric and immediately changed his mind. Then he picked out the blue backing. I made it today during his nap so when he woke up, he was really excited to lay down with the blanket on him. He laid it out and pointed out everything that is on the different states. Now I'm just worried that he won't nap at school because he'll be too excited about the "pyramids" in New Mexico.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that blanket! I wish they had had that fabric when we were putting together Talmage's "map themed" nursery 2 years ago. Maybe I'll have to go back there and get some of that fabric...but since I can't sew (I only pretend I can)...then nothing will really come of the beautiful map fabric! :) What fun for him to have a special nap blanket! Good idea! :) (and fabulous sewing, might I add...) :)

Lant Family said...

Very cute blanket. I wish Mississippi had some sort of pre-k. Memphis does but that isn't our school district and I hear it is kinda ghetto.I bet you will love your time without him :)

Cyndi said...

Super cute idea, I might have to do that for Alicia. She is starting pre-k too.

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

VERY CUTE!!! I can't sew, and I am jealous of all who can!

Becky said...

There are pyramids in New Mexico? Audrey and I just drove through there and I swear I didn't see any pyramids. Lots of trading posts, desert, Indian reservations, rain... yes, pyramids, no.

Aivaz Family said...

I am so jealous. Free preschool for 7 hours?! We are moving there. For real.

Zachariah Parry said...

Didn't one of your leaders tell you not to enroll in state-sponsored school?

Hannah said...

Your binding looks fabulous!!

Winn Family said...

k-for real--Hannah is so smart! I totally want to do that with Kade now. He saw the blog and is all excited! SO SMART THAT ONE! and such an educational print too---what a smart kid! And how fun to wear civilian clothes? woo woo!!!

Sarah said...

I used that same map for my first nephew's blanket. They moved a lot (and that was before they got into the military!) and i put little x's where they lived. I kept an extra panel for future use, cause i loved it so much and just found it yesterday!

Nice choice :)