CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 29, 2010

Gramps

My Grandpa Parry passed away today. 15 days after the car accident that left him in a coma, he's gone. I know he's with people that he's been missing for a long time and that he will be more comfortable, but I feel a loss. He was a big man with a big personality. He gave me my patriarchal blessing, he sealed Adam and me together, and was a big presence in my life even though I didn't see him very often. So many memories. The world will be a different place without him.

Gangster Grandpa
Grandpa with 4 week-old Brody (who is yawning, not crying)

9 comments:

Bart and Misty Brimhall said...

So sorry to hear about your loss, but I'm sure he's very happy where he is now!

Hannah said...

I'm so sorry Jess.

Aivaz Family said...

He was a great man. I am sorry. How lucky we are to have the Gospel in our lives and the knowledge that we can see our loved ones again. I love you.

Becky said...

Very nice Jess. We will all miss him a lot.

Nicole said...

That is so cool that he was such a big part of those major milestones in your life. I'm so sorry that he passed away. He sounds like a wonderful person.

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry to hear that. He sounds amazing. We are thinking of you and your family. Love you!

Juliette said...

I miss him, too. :o( I never saw the Gangster Grandpa shot. Very funny!

sNick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sNick said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa, Jess. Your family is in my prayers.