CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Showered with Love (and Pink)

My two sweet friends Kelly and Leslie got together and planned a girly girl baby shower for me and yesterday I saw the fruits of their labor. Leslie used to be my across-the-street neighbor (in our old neighborhood). She now lives in Alabama while her husband is deployed for a year. She and her baby Jack have been staying with us this week while she took care of some stuff here. Kelly is my new neighbor and in our ward. They are both so sweet and generous and apparently amazing at putting social events together.The shower started out a little stressful because Adam was at work so I had to get a babysitter to watch the boys while I went to Kelly's house for the shower. She forgot. I could see all the cars driving up to Kelly's house and I was sitting at home with my sleeping boys waiting for the babysitter. Once she was called and reminded she came over and I was on my way...sweating up a storm from the 10 minutes of stress the lateness caused me.

Once I was there, I was so relaxed. They had a soft throne of sorts that I sat in, which was so comfortable, but ridiculously embarrassing to try to get out of in my condition.This is me and my little buddy Ali, who I would love to clone for my little girl to look like.
There was so much good food and even better conversation. It was fun to sit around and talk with other moms, which is something I don't get to do as often as I'd like.

We played a game with ultrasound pictures. We had to name the body part on each one and considering I can't tell what's what in my own babies' ultrasounds when the technician is pointing them out, I knew I wouldn't fare too well. I was right. It was hard. I still don't know how Rachel and Jen got 100%.Everyone was so generous and little female got some serious pink gear. It was like everyone reached into my brain, saw what style I love, and gifted accordingly. She'll be looking pretty swank the first year of her life.Kelly, Amy, Denise, Chrysta, Leslie, Stephanie, Nicole, Jen, me, Emilie, Sarah, Rachel, Shari, Megan.

My friend April was nice enough to take a lot of the pictures before she had to leave and so now she's not in any of them. She's a great photographer as well as an amazing friend.

14 comments:

The Mitchells said...

It really was fun while I was there. Thank you so much! You are so nice. Thanks for being a great friend.

Winn Family said...

YAY!!! and wow--look how adorable everything was! You're awesome!!!

The Galan Family said...

The shower was great. Looks like you are set and ready for this little one to arrive. I can't wait to meet her.

Lant Family said...

how fun! I love little girl clothes. I was just talking to a girl at church today and we are loving all the baby spring dresses in the stores and how we need to have a friend pregnant with a girl to buy for---to bad we aren't closer ;)

Jay and Sherrie said...

Yay! Wish I could have been. Girly girl is going to be so cute. You are amazing!

Becky said...

Looks like it was really fun. If you lived closer I could've been there :) But then you wouldn't have all those fun friends. I like the highlights in your hair. I also seriously loved that you were able to lay back and relax while you opened gifts. just perfect for a preggy!

Zachariah Parry said...

Girls are lame. They throw lame parties and they are lame babies.

I thought about leaving it at that without saying I was joking, but I didn't want to offend any of your friends, who obviously aren't lame. We're excited to have another girl in the family!

Jennifer Sharpe said...

It was a lot of fun! I love showers! Thanks for inviting me: )

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Sure looks like it was a blast ... and the food looks AWESOME! Sad I missed it -- but we'll get to Augusta SOON and see you guys! HUGS!

Layne and Lorrie said...

I'm so sorry I missed it. It looks like everything was so beautiful and yummy. Those ladies did a great job! Does that gorgeous blue dress come in my size? Oh, she is just going to be a "looker." And yep, that Ali is definitely a cutie! Can't wait to see your new cutie! Glad you had a great time! ...And I'm so sorry about your "Gramps". Isn't it special when you love a person that made the world a better place!?!

Scott and Katelyn said...

congrats!! girly stuff is so fun!

Eliza said...

I am glad you have such nice frineds. I wish I could have been there to party with you.

Eliza said...

I wish I prrofread my posts before posting them so I wouldn't spell friends like a special.

Kendra said...

That is so fun! I am glad you have some great friends to give you a shower! It looks like it was so nice! I also love the birthday pictures too!