CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The First Lindquist Snowman

Last week it snowed here in Augusta more than it's snowed here in 37 years. In fact, in the last 50 years, it has snowed more than 2 inches on only 6 occasions. We got about 6 inches. Pictures will do the scene justice more than my words can so....

I took this picture of Bridger thinking, "I'd better get a picture of him in the snow before it stops!" Little did I know....
It had no plans of stopping.This is the first snowman for Adam and for the boys (Adam was born and raised in Las Vegas- not a lot of snowman opportunities). Kind of strange that their first snowman was built in Georgia.Redneck sledding (in a laundry basket). By the way, in case you're wondering, I stayed at the back door taking pictures while staying warm. I'm not into freezing.
Bridger ready for a snowball fight.

And then it got really interesting...
I'm still not really sure what Adam was thinking when he stripped down and had a swimsuit under his pants, but to each their own, right?
In the morning, our yard was beautifully white and even more fun to play in with a little sun shining. We had snow on the ground for 3 days. See you again in 37 years!

5 comments:

The Mitchells said...

Stripping down to shorts would definitely not be first thought when seeing snow. I'm still pondering the thought process behind that... :-) Ya'll are so funny! The snow was a blast!

-Tyler

Zachariah Parry said...

Hasn't Georgia gotten the memo on global warming?

sNick said...

Umm... was totally not expecting the shorts thing. I kind of chuckled out loud.

Becky said...

I'm kinda wondering why you guys had gloves and scarves and hats and stuff. Loved the pictures. So little Penny will be 37 when she first sees snow? Adam is an idiot. (j/k Adam)

Kendra said...

I love it! I don't blame Adam for stripping down, your first snowman can be pretty intense =) I am also laughing out loud at that one! I actually have a picture of Marc on his mission in shorts on a pile of snow! Boys are crazy!