CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My Source of Happiness

A few weeks ago I was feeling overwhelmed and unhappy in my situation in life.  Being at home all day with kids who don't appreciate anything I do gets draining.  I was tired from not getting a lot of sleep and feeling sorry for myself.  Then I had a dream that one of my children was taken from me.  I woke up scared and tremendously sad.  I hugged each of my children more often that day and realized that I had been taking so many things in my life for granted.  Every day since I have tried to appreciate the funny things they say, the innocent little faces each of them have, and their individual personalities that are so bright and happy.  It is hard sometimes, with the tantrums and whining and bad attitudes.  I am really trying to show them my love more and to enjoy (almost) every moment I have with them.  I love them so much and they really do make me happy.

This is Brody on his way out the door for the bus.  He was in a hurry and not thrilled about having to stop for a picture. He is so big and is learning so much.
Bridger loves his family.  All day long I hear, "You're the best mommy ever ever ever" even after he gets in trouble.  He loves Penny more than I've ever seen a little boy love his sister.
 
 Penny is scooting all over the place and is starting to sit up on her own. She is getting so big and remains our sweet happy baby.

7 comments:

Jay and Sherrie said...

Jessica, You are Amazing! Thank you for such wonderful insight. And thanks for the cute pics of your kids. I want to meet Penny so bad. She is adorable, and I love her outfit.

Matthew is trying to convince us that we need to go back to Georgia to visit. I wish I could just say "Yep, lets go." We miss you guys.

Lynette said...

Cute post. It's true, sometimes it's hard to remember - but one day I do believe we will miss the messed up room with toys and the finger prints on all of the windows. :) It is great insight though. Hey, I am WAY excited to try your snickerdoodle muffins below! THANK YOU! I LOVE that flavor.
P.S. Boys are cuties, Penny's a D.O.L.L.!

heather said...

You know, this is how I've been feeling lately. Thanks for the reminder to be better. Love ya.

Winn Family said...

Thanks Jess...its so easy to do that---I really appreciate this reminder. You're awesome by the way!

Shari Davis said...

Definitely gave me some perspective Jess. I know EXACTLY how you feel. I need to love on my kids more, especially Lills. You're awesome Jess and I'm so glad we're friends.

Nicole said...

Well shoot. I WAS going to comment that I expected to see a big bag of Peanut Butter M&M's after seeing the title, but then you had to go be all serious and reflective about your kids;)

I think we all feel this way sometimes and it's good to have reminders of how great we really have it. It doesn't mean that sometimes your days don't just plain suck, but that the good days make the sucky ones worth dealing with.

Becky said...

You appreciate them even more once they grow up and move away to faraway lands like Georgia. I'm glad you are mine!