CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Time

 We have been busy with Christmas activities all month long.  Between Christmas parties, decorating, trimming TWO trees (we found a little tree at a garage sale so the boys get to decorate their own with all of their homemade ornaments), making cookies, Christmas crafts, and school activities, we have been busier than we've been in a long time.  It's nice to have fun things to do, but I also love to hang out at home watching Christmas movies with popcorn and hot chocolate.  Here are some pictures of what we have done.



 I've always wanted to string popcorn and put it around the tree.  This year I finally did it.  It didn't take as long as I thought it would.  It was fun!
 I got this advent calendar from here and it has been really fun for the boys to pick their surprises every day.  Most days are a Hershey kiss but there are also some bigger treats too.  Some of their favorites so far have been Pez dispensers, movie night (we watched Elf), and ornament craft, and Go Fish cards.
 I made these with old frames I had lying around and with my sweet cutting machine.  I saw it here and pretty much copied it.  I LOVE it and can use it every year (minus the bottom text).
 I love that our nativity set has Mary holding baby Jesus instead of Him being in the manger.  Who doesn't want to hold their newborn all day long and memorize their little facial features?
 
This is just a bonus.  Penny likes to crawl up to the office door when it's closed and give us her sad eyes until we open the door for her.  She also likes to "latch on" to the glass on the door. It's attractive, right?

6 comments:

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

Love it! Merry Christmas!

Adam said...

"Who doesn't want to hold their newborn all day long and memorize their little facial...AAAAAHHHH? What is tha...oh, its Penny." I promise she doesn't always look like a rabid pig monkey.

heather said...

i love all your crafty thungs you have done. also love that we have the same nativity set and i agree with u on holding the baby.

Becky said...

I love the picture frames. What a great idea! but I especially love the rabid pig monkey.

Amber said...

So cute - particularly Penny! That's what Grayson does to us while we're in the shower.
Also, I'm SO stinking jealous of your silhouette.
Argh!! Maybe I'll get one for Easter?!

Jay and Sherrie said...

You guys are so amazing. Such fun Christmas traditions and crafts.

I do just sit and hold my baby all day, and now that you said that I want to get that Nativity set. I love it.