CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Family Pictures 2016

Family pictures are kind of a nightmare for us. I really enjoy putting outfits together and looking up places to go have the pictures taken. Getting the kids ready this year was pretty easy. Having mostly boys is nice for that reason- I only had Penny's hair to curl. Brody really didn't like the outfit I got him so we compromised and I let him put a hoodie over it. Beckam's outfit was missing something so during his nap that day, I made a little bow tie from some fabric I already had. It was perfect for his little personality.

We went to the Garden Park Ward House in SLC near the Harvard and Princeton streets. It was so beautiful. It made me want to move to the area just so we could go to church at that building.

 These are the church grounds. They are beautiful!
 This is a second building on the grounds where they have seminary (I think) and Sunday School.
Main church building where the chapel is. It was first dedicated in 1939 and the land has historic ties to the pioneers. It's the most beautiful area I can imagine going to church in.

It was pretty cold and we weren't dressed super warm. Everyone was happy and cooperative except Brody, who hates everything about family pictures. I made him let me sweep his hair to the side, I made him wear a yellow striped shirt (that he complained didn't fit his personality, hence the hoodie). He hated the cold and he hated smiling. I was worried that every single picture would have him moping. He eventually lost it and started crying. I pleaded and begged and then told him I would give him $5 if he would buck up and smile for a few more pictures. When we left, I just knew they were going to be horrible and my $200 was going to be a waste.

Leave it to Hillary Horman to work miracles. They are my favorite family pictures ever taken! I love the colors, the scenery and everything about them.

His eyes, though...
Bridger was such a ham. I love that his watch shows in some of the pictures- he looks so old. And I love the Superman shoes that he loves so much.
 This girl can't give a real smile for a family picture if her life depends on it, but if she has the photographer's full attention, she's a gold mine of happiness and smiles. She's perfect.
 I love love his hair like this. I love that he's looking like a teenager. I love that he went along with my controlling family picture ideas even though he didn't want to. I love him.




 His watch and his shoes....love.


 This is one of my favorites. I hope they love each other forever. 
 Bridger requested his pose. They would marry each other if it wasn't illegal and disgusting.
 This was Brody in very many of the pictures. "Why are you making me do this?"

 I'm going to frame this and put it all over my house. His real smile is amazing. His little dimple melts me and reminds me of when he was a tiny. 




0 comments: