CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 31, 2016

Halloween 2016

This year, I started planning Halloween early. I wanted to have a theme for our family. We decided on Peter Pan, but the big boys weren't into that. They picked their own theme and I went to work. 

 Captain Hook, Wendy, Smee, and Peter Pan.
Mr. Frederickson and Russell from the movie "Up." Most of their costumes came from DI. Bridger's patch sash is Adam's from when he was in scouts. Putting his costume together was a lot of fun. Brody has the perfect grumpy old man face.
I was originally planning on being Tinkerbell and I even started making a costume, but I couldn't figure out how to make a modest but cute costume so I went with Smee, which was SO FUN! Who doesn't want to stick fake sideburns to their face with molasses and corn starch?
I made Adam's jacket from a pattern- my first time sewing with a pattern. I learned so much and it was a really cool experience. I should have measured him because I made it WAY too big. We were trying to figure out what pants for him to wear. Captain hook wears maroon-ish pants. While we were talking about it, Adam looked at me and said, "You're wearing maroon pants. I'll just wear those!" And so he did. He wore women's maroon skinny jeans. 
 Penny's wendy hair. The curls lasted about 20 minutes. 
We let the boys go out trick-or-treating on their own every year now. They love the freedom and the ability to go faster and get more candy (they each got about 11 pounds of candy!). They met up with some friends and went trick-or-treating with them.
Sorting and trading candy is one of the best parts of Halloween! I couldn't believe how much candy the boys got.

0 comments: