CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Ward Campout

Friday night was our ward campout and Adam, who usually works on Saturdays, was able to get the day off to take Brody camping. When Adam got home from work on Friday it looked like a storm was coming so I went to weather.com and saw that it was supposed to rain until about 10pm at Mistletoe State Park, where they were supposed to camp. He decided to go anyway because he is on the activities committee and felt like he needed to help. I thought he was crazy...and not just because it was going to be raining the whole time. Brody isn't the greatest sleeper and I just imagined Brody awake all night in a tent that he had to stay in because it was wet and soggy outside. On the other hand, I was thrilled that I would be able to sleep in with Bridger! So they went and it rained but they had fun. We have a 2-room tent and so Adam and Brody shared it with our friends Brad and Erica. Side note: Brody is in love with Brad and Erica. He calls them Ba and Etty. We are devastated that they are moving to Germany this month. Anyway, back to the campout...Erica woke up in the middle of the night frustrated with Brad telling him to stop kicking her. Brad woke up confused saying he wasn't kicking her. So they turned their flashlight on and saw Brody crawling across Erica's legs. I guess he looked really confused or scared and then said, "Daddy?" He was looking for Adam and it was so dark he couldn't find him. It cracked me up when Adam told me.

I took full advantage of only having one child again. They didn't get home from the campout until about noon (they went swimming at the lake) so Bridger and I played together in the morning and then after his morning nap I took him to the gym and dropped him off at the daycare there and I went to a Zumba class. I only went to it because it was the class that was going on at the most convenient time for me- I didn't even really know what it was. It is a latin dance exercise class. Let me tell you- I am not coordinated in any way to dance, let alone dance fast and exercise at the same time. Watching me try to do what the instructor was doing was probably like watching a train wreck. By the way, the instructor was WACKED. What a strange person. She is a little mousy lady with way too much energy. She reminded me of "The Crazy Prescription Lady" on SNL, played by Cheri Oteri. She even looked like her. It was an okay workout but I won't be going to it again.

Today was Stake Conference. Last night I got to go to the adult session while Adam stayed with the kids. It was soooo good! The talks were all about the The Proclamation to the World: The Family and a guy in our ward gave an excellent talk comparing families to the structure of a home. The foundation should be built on the "Rock" or Jesus Christ, the walls are made up of the relationship between the husband and wife (each 2x4 of the framing is something- love, compassion, repentence, forgiveness, etc.- things that make a marriage strong). The roof is the father that protects and watches over his family. The warmth and comfort of the home is the mother. Then he said that all homes need to be maintained. When things go wrong within the relationship, like an argument, we should fix it up or clean it up and take it to the curb to be picked up with the garbage and never remember it. The whole talk tied in so well with the Proclamation and I just loved it.

So I'm not really going in order but I thought of a couple of cute things from this week. When Brody wakes up he always asks where Dad is. I tell him he is at work and since he has discovered money (when he finds coins he gets excited and says "My mun!") I told him that Dad goes to work so he can get more money. Now whenever I tell him that Dad is at work, he says, "Dad more mun?" and will even run to Adam when he walks in and ask for some money. So the other day Brody and I rounded up all the coins from our drawers and pockets and purse and wherever we keep money and we made a little piggy bank from a mason jar and he got to put all his money in his "mission jar". He put the coins in one at a time and loved it. Now when Adam comes home and Brody asks him for money, he gives him whatever change he has and Brody gets to put it with his other money in his mission jar. He loves it and now we will be able to start a mission fund for Brody!

I went to Michael's on Thursday and got a bunch of stuff to make Halloween crafts. I am pretty excited about it. If they turn out cute I'll post them on here. I don't have very many Halloween decorations for the house so I hope they turn out.

Tonight Brad and Erica came over and made us pizza. It was yummy. After the kids went to bed we played Canasta Caliente and Erica and I actually won. Now I finally know what it feels like! It's not that much better than losing really.

4 comments:

Adam said...

you're a funny lady. and HOT too!

Ferret said...

Glad everyone had fun and mom & Bridger got some time together.

Becky said...

I love your blogs and they are long and detailed. I thought you said you can never think of that much to say. The black and white picture of Brody looks like Timmy on Lassie!

The Findarle Family said...

i like you and i like your boys, I bet it was nice to be able to sleep in and have only one kid.... dad more mun?