CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

I've Been Busy, Okay?

I think this is the longest I have ever gone without posting. We are in Las Vegas now with my parents and we are finally getting a routine down and waking up at a semi-reasonable hour in the morning. (Is 5am reasonable? Close enough, right?)

We have had a lot going on. I don't have pictures of everything because I don't know how to do anything on my parents' Mac, but I'll do my best.

Last weekend (2 days after we got here) we drove to Utah for my sister's wedding. It was at the Homestead in Midway, Utah and it was beautiful. The weather was perfect and Audrey was stunning. It was fun to finally meet her husband, Mike, who is so great- and perfect for her. Brody was the little ring bearer so he wore a cute tux. The only problem was that the shoes I brought for him to wear hadn't been worn for a while and didn't even come close to fitting so he had to wear his brown sandals with his black tux. Completely unacceptable but what do you do? Also, by the time we were taking pictures Brody had managed to wipe snot and cake all over his tux, which is also unacceptable. Brody's adorable cousin Cadence looked like a little princess in her flower girl dress and Brody and Cadence looked so cute together. They danced and played and laughed and I wanted to take pictures of it all and make greeting cards with them. Bridger was there but slept through most of it so we don't have a lot of photo documentation of him being there.

Other big news in our family is that we finally got a van. I know- it may sound lame to some of you, but it is pretty exciting for us. It is so nice to put a movie on and actually drive somewhere in peace while my children become tv junkies. It's rad.

As far as an update on Adam, he is doing well. He is keeping himself busy and making the most of the experience. I miss him like crazy and in case anyone is wondering, I will never let him leave me again.

18 comments:

Leslie Watters said...

Yay!!!! A van!!!!

You are such a pretty bridesmaid! Brody is the cutest in that tux! I didn't even notice the sandals until you pointed it out!

I miss you.....too much! Come home.

heather said...

I am a horrible friend. I didn't call you this week b/c I've been busy with stuff, but I will give you a call tomorrow and see if we can hang out. HOpe you're still in vegas.
Yay for a van and for DVD players! This is the only way we can keep Gabe in the car.
Love the pictures and hope you post more soon.

Amber said...

Love your van! I'm glad you can drive in peace!

Hannah said...

Sweet van!! I can't wait to cruise around and park next to each other.

We noticed the shoes!! Love it.

Correa Family said...

I didn't notice the shoes until you pointed it out.

How great that you got a VAN!!! Yeah! Everybody's doing it, you might as well too! LOL!

We miss you, come back soon! RS isn't the same without you!

Lant Family said...

Glad to see you are back to blogging. Love the new van, I think it is very exciting. The wedding looks beautiful.

Jonathan and Rachel said...

So glad you finally got your van... and your not car-less for 2 months - and you will have it BEFORE Adam gets back -- all pluses! Hope you have a great time with your family ... the time will fly before your back again!

Brianna said...

Hey there little missy! So when are you going to call me up so that we can hang out? Email me when you get a chance. And P.S., didn't even notice the brown sandals 'til you said somethin' :D

The Galan Family said...

Congrats on the van! It's a whole new world, isn't it? Are you driving the van all the way home? That will be a long drive. Anyway, have fun with your family. I am jealous of you and your freedom to leave. (not having kids in school)I would have gone home too!

Tayla said...

I don't think it is lame to be happy about a van! :) I love my van! There is so much room. I feel too young to be driving a van, but I have to face the fact that I am not too young! :) I'm glad you are with family now. I hope time goes by fast so you can be with your cute hubby again soon!

Kendra said...

Your van is so cute! I love all the pictures of the wedding. Brody and Cadence dancing is so priceless! I hope we can get together this week!

Lenae said...

I'm sorry you miss your hubby :( I hope the time goes by really really really fast until you're all together again. And I have van envy. P.S. I don't even have one and my kids are TV junkies... sad.

Jill Iroz said...

hey! i found your blog by way of Jenn elisons. Your TWO babies are so cute and you and your sisters look amazing. I am so happy for Aubrey. Where is Adam? you live so far way!

Anonymous said...

It's been so good to see you here and this weekend will be fabulous! I'm so glad you got a van. It's cooler than most people think! What a beautiful family.

Anita said...

I still haven't swallowed my pride and got a minivan YET--we'll see. Sorry you have to be away from your hubby. That must be hard on the boys too :( It's nice that you can be with your family though. I love your sisters wedding dress by the way!!

Scott and Katelyn said...

I love these pics! I can't believe Audrey got married- I remember when she was like 6!! Holy moly! You looked so beautiful!

Becky said...

I'm glad it is over and everything can finally get back to normal! There better be disneyland pics here soon!

Winn Family said...

You look so so so pretty! And I love your dress and your sisters dress! Also-- hip hip hooray for the van! (one day...we'll be cool like that...not sure when, but one day) Anyway--how you getting that thing home....are you driving back??? (that's a bit of a drive from Vegas huh?) So ya, you're awesome and we miss you!