CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Random Las Vegasness

We've been here for almost a month- it doesn't seem like we've been here that long, but we've been busy, so that makes it go by faster. We are waiting for it to cool down a little so we can play outside for more than 10 minutes without melting.

I went to Disneyland with no kids this last weekend- just 5 other girls and me...so fun! I don't have the pictures yet so I will wait until another day to post about that. My mom and dad were sooo nice to watch the kids for 3 days while I was gone. Thanks, mom and dad (and Michael and Amanda too!).

We have been checking out all the parks around here. The Henderson Parks and Recreation department here is amazing. I wish we had just 1% of what Henderson has in Grovetown, Georgia. There are parks and activities and recreation centers EVERYWHERE.

This picture is for Adam. This is his favorite Bridger face. Bridger knows how funny I think this face is so he humors me and lets me have a laugh every once in a while.
My mom took the boys shopping for a few toys so they had something to do during the day. They got a tool box and I think I was more excited about it than they were. Do these goggles make my face look fat?
Yesterday we got together with my best friend from high school Kendra and her little boy Casen. We went to the park until we were sufficiently sweaty and then to the mall and had pretzels and lemonade. Bridger ended up throwing quite a tantrum and throwing my drink on the floor and screaming while I struggled to get him in the stroller. Good times.

Adam is doing well. The people in charge of him are doing everything they can to keep him safe and alive. I can't wait until he gets home so I can stop worrying about him. This deployment has definitely made me appreciate him more and put things in perspective. Also, he is attractive.

Thank you for all your prayers, phone calls and emails checking in with me. I miss everyone in Georgia, but I'm so glad I am able to be here with my family.

12 comments:

Leslie Watters said...

We miss you, too! Thanks for the update and pics.

You kinda look like Handy Manny. hee hee

Nicole said...

Jess,

Can you find gas at any number of stations? Yes? Then you don't miss being here...

About half the stations are totally out, and the ones that aren't are charging up to $4.69 for a gallon of regular.

It's SO FUN to wait 25 minutes in line for gas! Yay for Georgia!

Zachariah Parry said...

This is the fifth different comment I started. I just can't come up with something funny, so I'll just say instead that I love you and am glad that Adam is safe.

Brad and Erica said...

Yeah! Thanks for posting! We miss you whether you are in Georgia or Nevada, but we also miss hearing from you. I am glad that you are all well. Your boys are getting so big! I miss them too!

Anonymous said...

Disneyland was a blast. I'm glad Adam is o.k. Also, there isn't a universe in which your face would look fat.

Audrey and Mike Findarle said...

no your face does. I like you alot. I wish I could come see you again before you leave. I loved spending time with you and the boys...

Staci said...

Soak up every minute of family time, take lots of pictures and videos so you can play them for the boys when you return to Georgia. Family is the best!
I am glad Adam is doing well, he will be home before you know it!
Miss you!

Emma said...

I'm so sorry Adam's gone right now. It sounds like you're making the most of it, however. Disneyland with no kids?! How fun! It looks like you're having a great time. I can't believe that Audrey is married. The pictures of you all at the wedding are beautiful.

Jacob Parry said...

Why don't they call bridge builders bridgers?

Correa Family said...

So glad to hear that everything is going well and that you are having some fun, you deserve it. I and will the kids in Boise, ID visiting my family now! We're on the same side of the country! LOL! Have fun! See you when we get back!

Becky said...

My favorite is the ears sticking out with that mask on. You look like a hobbit.

Kendra said...

Casen and Bridger look so cute together!! Too bad we didn't get the picture of them with their heads together!! Such cuties! I think I forgot to tell you we are having a b-day party for Casen...I will call you tomorrow and see if I can drop off an invite!! Hopefully we can play this week!!