CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Moment You've All Been Waiting For...

Penny Jane Lindquist
Born March 29th 2010
at 3:41 pm
In Augusta, Georgia
20 inches long
8 lbs 4 oz
lots of gorgeous hair




I've posted just a few of the pictures on this blog because of the ridiculously slow process of getting them on here. For those of you you want more (which I'm sure is all of you), you can click on this sentence and enjoy the photos there.

We arrived at the hospital on Monday morning around 6:30 for Jessica's scheduled induction, which we were able to get because of the size of previous babies (9.10 and 8.10). The nice nurses at Trinity showed us to our room and after very little time Jessica was rolling on Pitocin and getting the process going. At about 8 her doctor came in and mercilessly broke Jessica's water and "agitated" things to move along the labor. While Jessica squirmed quietly in obvious pain, I squirmed quietly in obvious imagined pain and thought about how grateful I was that I am not a woman and that Jessica was a brave, strong one.

After about 4 hours of very painful contractions about 2 minutes apart Jessica finally asked for an Epidural to ease the pain, thinking that at that point she was surely at least a 7. After the epidural she was sorely disappointed to find out that she was a 5 and about 50% effaced.

Let me take a moment to say what an utter pansy I am. After only watching 4 hours of intense labor pains and a horrible IV episode, I was too wimpy to even be in the room for the epidural. I'm not sure why, but I get sick just thinking about it. Once again, I was grateful not to be a woman and to have an awesome one by my side. I would have passed out and given up at the IV.

Anyway, after another couple hours she was checked again only to find that Jess was at a 6 and 70%. Seemed like there was a long way to go. Penny had other plans I guess becuase just half an hour later when Jessica complained of pressure and pain the nurse checked her and declared, "You're done! Don't push, I'll call the doctor." About an hour and a half after that he finally showed up.

When he walked in the door Jessica was already prepped and ready to push. It only took pushing through two contractions to get that 8 lb baby out. It was miraculous. Penny arrived strong and healthy and Jessica was a champ. I sat helpless by the side amazed at the process, and at my wife and new little girl.

Penny makes cute little faces (though her face is not little, its like a big ball of cherry red cuteness). She eats like she doesn't know how to quit, or want to. Her hair is so thick and lush I can't keep my hand off it. She is just perfect and we love her and hope you all get to meet her soon.

Thank you to all those who are so interested in our lives and willing to help us and rejoice with us on this awesome occasion.

P.S. 100 bonus points are awarded to those who realized that the bottom picture of the three above is actually Brody when he was a baby! Gotcha!

21 comments:

Eliza said...

I love her!!!

Becky said...

I saw her in person and Adam fooled me when he showed me pictures of Brody on the computer. When I was holding her today (for about 3 1/2 hours) I kept seeing faces she makes that make me think of Brody. She is beeauutiful! Jessica seemed to be doing really well too, especially after she got to take a shower! I'm so glad I got to come. The boys have been delightful. Bridger talks non-stop no matter what we are doing and Brody is so inquisitive and asks such great questions (like how did the baby come out?)Adam did a great job explaining that one.

Julie said...

Congratulations! She is so adorable! From the pictures it looked like she really liked her bath! I wish I still lived there so I could see her in person.

Leslie Watters said...

I can't wait to see y'all tomorrow!! She is just beautiful! Y'all did a great job!

Zachariah Parry said...

Make sure you take advantage of the fact that today's the optimum day for making "born yesterday" jokes.

Congratulations, too!

debsditties said...

WOW! THAT"s A chubba BUBBA for such teeny lady!! lol CONGRATS!!! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL~~~

Anita said...

What a little doll!! I love the picture of the boys holding their new little sister--nothing could be sweeter. Don't feel too bad Adam, Mike could not stay in the room for any of my epidurals either:0)...there's a reason women are the ones that have the babies;) Congrats!!

heather said...

She is beautiful. I love the color of her hair!!! Glad you are doing well...and I agree, Jessica is one tough mamma!

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

She looks so sweet! Congrats!!!

Lant Family said...

She is so pretty, you are lucky to have a girl with lots of pretty hair!! Congratulations!!!

orangeunique said...

Way to go! She is beautiful.

Jay and Sherrie said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful. I want to hold her.

Lenae said...

Congrats! She's beautiful!

NIXON STUFF said...

PERFECT! SO cute Congratulations!

Jamie and Erin said...

Penny is beautiful! Congrats Lindquist family!

Layne and Lorrie said...

Congratulations on your sweet baby girl! She is big and beautiful and yummy! I hope all is well!

Nicole said...

So awesome! She is beautiful and I can't wait to meet her!

Kendra said...

I think I should get some bonus pictures because I looked at the picture and said she looks just like Brody. I love all that hair!! I can't wait to meet her hopefully you can come here soon!!

Lynette said...

She is BEAUTIFUL you guys. So darn cute. Keep us posted as the days pass. I LOVE all of the things you made too Jessica. The bedding, the rocker, all of it. It's so cute and amazing.

Kyle and Heidi Clarke said...

What did I tell you?? Pennys most definitely are the cutest little girls in the world! Jessica, I didn't know you had such huge babies!? Whoa! Good thing you were induced - cause you're a little peanut! She is so beautiful. Enjoy your shiny new Penny... and Adam- thanks for keeping us updated. I love hearing the birth story from the husband's perspective. :)

Winn Family said...

Ha ha--I love reading this from Adams perspective. Good job jessica for doing the epidural alone--you are a champ! And sorry about how hard that was--I wouldn't know cause my was AWESOME! (ha ha--I'm a good friend, I know) But I loved it all and she's soooooo cute! I CAN'T WAIT for you guys to get up the new pics! I love them!