CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Project Mode

I have been in crazy lady project mode lately. I don't know if this could be considered nesting, but I have been at my sewing machine more in the last few weeks than I have ever in my life before. Maybe it's because the thought of all things girly makes me sweat with excitement. I have a long list of things that I want to make or learn how to make and when I am at a fabric store, just touching all the fabric makes me happy. I really do let my hand glide over all the beautiful colors and textures. It probably looks creepy but I do it anyway.

So here are a few of my recent projects:
I can't take a lot of credit for the painting of the baby's room. I told Adam what to do, did a little taping, and he did the rest. He's pretty good at painting after all the different houses we've lived in and painted. I made the crib bedding, which was an intimidating project, but ended up being way easier than I thought it would be. I highly recommend doing this. It saves a lot of money, you get to pick whatever fabric combinations you like, and it's not as hard as it looks.

This is a car seat tent. I'd never heard of these before but my friend Hannah made one for her cute little baby so I tried making one of my own. It's just like draping a blanket over the car seat so your baby can sleep or be shielded from the sun or from people who like to touch tiny babies who don't need to be touched. The only difference is that the blanket stays put and you don't have to deal with carrying the handle with a blanket wrapped around it. I heart this fabric. I got it at Hobby Lobby, which I also heart. Bad.
Finally, a quilt. I have made a few other quilts in the past and the binding of the quilts has always been the struggle I face. No different with this one. No matter how hard I try to bind the corners right, it doesn't happen. I'm okay with that, though. Good thing I'm not a perfectionist.

I also have been sewing flannel blankets like crazy (LOVE flannels blankets and the flannel sold at Joann's is dang cute). My next project: recovering the cushions of a glider we bought used and refinishing the wood part of the glider. Should be a huge frustrating project, but a learning experience nonetheless. I'll let you know how it goes.

Yay for projects, yay for baby girls, and yay for all the time I have now before the baby is born to do all this stuff.

13 comments:

The Mitchells said...

It must be nesting... I've got it bad, too. Every single night I'm sewing something after the kids are in bed and every day I'm looking up patterns for all the projects I have in my head yet to be made.
Just a few more weeks to go! :)

Lenae said...

I love all of it, Jessica! Everything is so sweet! You did a great job!

Tayla said...

So cute! Too bad you don't live closer. I would love to learn how to make all of those things! :)

orangeunique said...

I guessed you would be decorating with brown and pink. Now I know what to send you for the baby.

Zachariah Parry said...

Everything is so darling.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I've always been impressed with you, but you've really outdone yourself! Way to go hot mama!

Layne and Lorrie said...

All of your projects turned out just beautiful, really beautiful! Great Job! And Cari's luncheon was really fun! Thanks!

The Galan Family said...

So cute! Thanks for getting me motivated to take on a sewing project and for helping me. You're so cute and domestic :)

Becky said...

That's my Zach. You did a great job on everything. I LOVE the quilt!!! I love pink and brown, too. I can't wait to see everything in person and to meet the little person it is all for.

Kendra said...

I love the bedding, it is soooo beautiful! That is the cutest little girls room. I might just have to steal the whole room if I ever get a little girl! I also want to request one of those car seat tents when I have another baby (no news yet). You are awesome!!

Kyle and Heidi Clarke said...

Jessica, I am COMPLETELY blown away by your talent. Everything looks so cute! Holy Hannah, raw talent - you gotta sell that stuff. And teach me how to do it too! Maybe when I have a boy, I'll go all out... or not? Anywho, I havent looked at a blog in 4 months - and yours was the first I wanted to see because I know your due date is coming up! Are you still going to name her Penny? Pennys are the cutest little girls in the world, ya know :)

Eliza said...

How did we come out of the same birth canal? You are rad and your stuff is cute. I am more of a buy other people's cute stuff kind of a girl.

Ingrid Harris said...

nicely done. the carseat tent is pretty clever too.