CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Off to see the Wizard...


The Wonderful Wizard of Pitocin.....and then we get to meet the cutest little sweet quiet smiley perfect girl ever (we hope). How excited are you to meet her? We are pretty darn excited. And we hope she is cute, because there is a lot of competition in the family. We'll post pictures for you all as soon as we get them and can find time between poops to upload them.

So before we head out (haha. pun intended) tomorrow morning we want to get up to date.

Jessica has been hard at work making a certain room of our house rather girly. As far as girly rooms go, this one is delightfully pink and pretty. She already posted the pictures of various projects but the most recent include refinishing a glider and a changing table/hutch that we purchased from nice friends.
For the chair Jess removed the old cover and put on a cream fabric with brown buttons. I painted it with chocolate. The result is quite delicious as you can see.Looks like it was meant to be, right? I guess the thought of having another girl in the house has all her creative juices flowing. (That phrase sounds strange knowing that she'll be nursing tomorrow, but I'll leave it in anyway.)

Now, on to the hutch. It was a light wood, so we painted it a creamy ivory. By "we" I mean "I". Kinda like when I say "we'll" be having a baby tomorrow I mean "Jessica will do most of the work". Anyway, here is a picture of the new hutch, preceded by what it looked like pre-spray paint.

And here is the final room product. Even I'm jealous.

So now that we are all feminized, lets remember that we have two cute boys too.

A couple of weeks ago I gave the Mommies a day to themselves and took Bridger and his Buddy Lucas to the zoo in Columbia. We all had lots of fun and were able to see all the animals without a problem because we got there right when it opened on a Monday. The good side of this was that we had the park nearly to ourselves for a while and we got to park the car right in front of the entrance. The down side was that they apparently don't pay someone on weekdays to hang out by the giraffes so people can feed them. That was a let down. The rest of the time it was fun to see the boys look at the map and decide where to go and what to look at. They loved the bears and the gorillas, but strangely not the monkeys. It must be that they are not interested in their own kind.
Also a couple of months ago we started telling the boys that if they were reverent at church they could have a sticker after church and that if/when they accumulated 4 we would go do something fun of their choice. Well, after about 6 or 7 weeks they got enough to earn a night of fun. Surprisingly they chose bowling. Not surprisingly Jess packed her own.Seriously though, there are two secrets about the above picture that I should share. One is that Jessica is hiding a bowling ball behind her belly. The other is that the midget girl seemingly coming out of her belly is not ours... though quite appropriate.

Luckily they had some very manly and scary pink dragons that the boys could use to propel their balls. If not for that pretty dragon we'd still be sitting there waiting for Bridger's turn to end. I can't recall exactly, but I'm pretty sure I whooped them all. (Although to be quite honest Brody beats me every time when we play bowling on the Wii. I really try to win. I mean I distract him, I trip him, I give him the remote on my turn, but never failing, the little twerp finds a way to beat me. Last time he got 4 strikes in a row! Alas, I take my sweet revenge during Wii boxing.) And finally, because I can't think of any more recent adventures and because I need to get to bed for our adventure tomorrow. This last Monday night we taught the boys about the Stripling Warriors of Helaman. (We may have added something about having to defend their sister from other boys. You can never start too early, right?)
Alright, next post will be full of cute little baby pictures. Life will never be the same! Wish us luck!

9 comments:

Amy said...

cannot wait for your next post guys!!

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

Wishing you the best!!!

heather said...

Love her room. Also, the chocolate on the glider was meant to be.
Can't wait till we get to see her.

Jacob Parry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacob Parry said...

Have you decided on a middle name?

Last I heard, you (Adam) wanted it to be Jane. Has the jury reached a verdict?

Nicole said...

So excited for you! And the hutch looks great! Well, it all looks great, but I was especially delighted to see how you made the hutch look WAYYY better.

The Galan Family said...

Love it when Adams posts. He's funny. Your projects all turned out so cute. I am sooo excited for you guys. Good luck today and happy pushing. You might be pushing that baby out right now! Can't wait to meet little Penny Lindquist :)

Layne and Lorrie said...

I'm really excited to meet Penny! I'm sure her "cuteness factor" is going to be right in line with the competition! :) I hope all goes - or is going well today! Really love the room... and the bowling ball picture! Good Job! :)

Becky said...

Bridger is asleep for a nap, I'm reading blogs waiting for that phone call to tell me I have a new granddaughter. Life is sweet! Love the pictures. Wish the bowling one could've been a video. It would be fun to see Jessica bowling with a big tummy!