CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 9, 2010

Back to School. Back to School....

"...to prove to Dad that I'm not a fool. I got my lunch packed up, my boots tied tight, I hope I don't get in a fight. Ohhhh, back to school. Back to school. Back to school. Well, here goes nothing."

Today was a big day for Brody. First day of Kindergarten. First day riding the bus. First day in a long time he'll come home to a relaxed mom.

Waiting for the bus.

We met Brody's teacher and bus driver Friday night at open house and they are both really sweet. The bus driver came right up to our house to pick him up, which will be really nice for me.

This morning Brody was so excited...I had butterflies in my stomach when the bus pulled up. It's hard to put your little kid on a bus with big kids and not very much supervision. I'm sure he did great. I'm so excited for him to experience a good school with good teachers. He's going to love it!
This was Brody's face when he saw the bus pulling up. Pure excitement.

I was tempted to just get on the bus with him and ride to school with him. It was a bittersweet moment. Bridger broke down and cried watching the bus pull away. Poor kid was missing his playmate already.

4 comments:

heather said...

Wow, I can't believe he started school! So sad that Bridger cryed when the bus left.

Anita said...

Ahh, one of the many difficult moments as a mom:( My baby is starting Kinder this Sept. and I'm sure I am not going to survive!! It is fabulous for the kids though--Kindergarten is SO MUCH FUN! Good luck.

Becky said...

Aaah he is so cute! What a big boy. I'm glad the bus comes to your house but it is hard to send your baby off for such a long day. Good thing Adam had today off!

Lenae said...

I love Brody's smile! Your kids are so cute!