CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Part 1

 Every year, I get excited about all of the traditional holiday activities.  It seems like the holidays all start with carving pumpkins for Halloween.  I always think it will be so fun for the boys to pick a design and help us carve the design into a pumpkin that we joyfully pick out at the store.  This year, it started just like I imagined.  A fun trip to Walmart where the boys picked out the coolest pumpkins they could find.  We invited some friends over, which always adds to the excitement.  Picking out the design- exciting and fun.  We're on a roll, right?  Right!  Then it comes time to scrape the pumpkin guts out and it starts to get less exciting.  Here is a representation of what I always think the whole night will be like:

  Here is a representation of what most of us feel like when it's all done:
This is a pretty common face for Bridger these days.  He's kind of pouty.  I can't remember what this was about but it probably had something to do with him not wanting to help with the pumpkins. 

This is what he did instead:
This is what I'm talking about (happy faces!):
 This is NOT what I'm talking about:

The final product:

Maybe next year I'll look back on this post and realize that it's not as cool as it is in my head.  But we'll probably do it again anyway.  Because that is what traditions are for.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Looks like fun. I hate halloween.

Aivaz Family said...

Couldn't agree more, Beck. Um, why are your kids so cute do you think?

Eliza said...

Agreed. Halloween sucks. I am glad you are nice and try and make it fun for my babies though.

Winn Family said...

ha ha ha! LOVE IT! So true--but so so so fun! Thanks for the invite cause we love you guys!