CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Brody's Piano Recital

Brody started taking piano lessons in September.  It was a rough start.  He kept saying he didn't want to keep taking the lessons but when he went to them, he would come home happy and excited.  I think it was just overwhelming for him to spend all day at school and then have to keep using his brain when he got home.  Eventually he started getting used to it and now he loves it.

His first recital was last Saturday and he played Jingle Bells.  His teacher asked him if he wanted to play a duet with me and he said yes so we played together.  He practiced a lot and did a great job!  When we got to his teacher's house, he said he was feeling nervous and his face was red when he was done but he did awesome.  I'm so proud of him.  

 Here he is with Sister Jenkins and all of her other students.


4 comments:

Eliza said...

I keep looking for the video that you must have taken (or had someone take) knowing how much his fam would want to see it. Did you forget to upload it?

Amber said...

So cute!! Good job Brody!

Becky said...

That is very cool that he is taking piano lessons. I have noticed that the students who play an instrument are much better at organizing their day and staying on task. Not that he needs that but it is a good thing. Does he seem to have the natural ability that you did?

heather said...

That is so awesome! Is brody in 1st grade? I guess I'm just wondering when I should put Gabe in piano lessons.