CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Catching Up On December

December always seems to fly by and be extremely busy.  This year I thought I had kept things simple enough to not be as busy.  Turns out I hadn't.  We had stuff going on every weekend, school parties, baking, shopping, and the usual business of cleaning and laundry and keeping my children alive.  It's not a bad busy, but it makes everything go by so quickly.

Every year since we moved here to Georgia in 2005, we have gone to Lights of the South.  It's a huge light display that you take a hayride through to see.  It is beautiful and amazing and we love it.  The kids get to sit on Santa's lap and play on a playground and we stand by the fire to stay warm.  It's a magical place.

Brody and Bridger each told Santa what they wanted for Christmas, although by then they had changed their minds multiple times and after this they changed their minds a few more times.  I don't think Santa ever figured out what they wanted.
This is what happens when you try to bring Penny near Santa.  She's a little dramatic, it's true.
Aaaaand back to happy.
 
We also built and decorated a gingerbread house together.  The boys did all the decorating themselves.  I love to watch their creative minds working together.  The first year we did it I was anal and wanted the house to look perfect.  I'm glad I let that go.  
Penny contributed too.  Any candy that fell off of the house or was left unattended for more than 1.5 seconds quickly got stuffed into her mouth.  Side note- I'm sure most kids like candy, but I've never seen anyone like her before.  She will do ANYTHING for candy.  Even if it includes pain.  She'll eat food that she hates. And if she sees candy and doesn't get to eat it, watch out.  She will cut you.

More December catch up to come....

3 comments:

Winn Family said...

ha ha ha! I am in love with that last picture of Penny!

Becky said...

Sure wish we could share more holidays, and birthdays, and regular days.

Family said...

Love the pictures! your boys look great and Penny is just adorable! Wish we could have spent some holiday time with you all but all is well, hopefully soon!