CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Home Sweet Home

We are finally home! We had a long and exciting vacation but we are glad to be home where we can get everyone back on schedule. I never thought of myself as someone who needed a schedule and a routine but I AM!!! I start getting crazy if our routine gets thrown off. It's just nice to know what to expect.

So let me tell you about our vacation! My mom flew here to spend a few days with just us and
then the boys and I flew home with her Wednesday August 1. The next few days were just trying to adjust to the three hour time difference. The boys woke up at 3am for the first 3 days which was really fun, especially since Adam wasn't there to switch off getting up with them. I got to go to my friend Kendra's baby shower and see some old friends there. Adam arrived on Saturday and I was so glad to have him! He is such a huge help with the kids and I just miss him when we're apart.

Sunday we went to our old ward. Well, our old ward doesn't exist anymore. It got demolished last year and now it is spread out ov
er a lot of different wards. It was kind of disappointing to go and not be able to see all the Stone Creek Ward old-timers. My brother Michael just turned 16 and became a priest so we got to be there when he blessed the Sacrament for the first time. I don't know if Sacrament is supposed to be capitalized in that sentence, but I'm sure Zach will let me know if it's not. Mike blessed the Sacrament with my dad and other brothers Zach and Jacob. It was cool. Michael did a really good job and didn't leave any words out. Dad, you did a good job.

Monday was a busy day! We all were headed for California. We were all spread out in different vehicles. Adam and the boys and I went in one car; Zach and Jacob went with my dad in his airplane; Amber and her kids went with my mom; Michael, Eliza and Audrey went in Jacob's car. I'm pretty sure that's
how it went. It's really not important, though. Adam's sister Stalina met us for lunch at Red Robin at Fashion Island in Newport Beach. It was really nice to see her and hear about all of the good things that are going on in her life. It was the first time she had ever met the boys and she brought them all kinds of fun things- new toys, clothes, and shoes. We didn't get a whole lot of time with her because we had to get our overtired little guys back to the hotel to take naps. After a while the rest of the family showed up and we made our way to the beach. It was a little chilly in the water but after a little coaxing I went in and all 6 of my parents' (is that right, Zach?) children were in the water. It was fun to be all together again. The kids loved playing in the sand and burying various uncles.

The next day was our big day at Disneyland. Adam and I learned a very useful fact. Disneyland is not the happiest place on earth for all children under the age of 3. Brody was so tired and exhausted for most of the time that he was either staring into space while we were trying to convince him that taking your picture with Mickey Mouse is fun or running around like a crazy person because he was deliriously tired and didn't know what to do with himself (during which someone came up and asked us if he was autistic). He's not for those of you who may not know. Granted, he did have a leash on, but he didn't have a helmet.
We enjoyed the afternoon way more than the morning. My mom came and helped with the kids and my dad took them so that Adam and I could ride a ride together. We ran over to California adventure, but it was getting late and we didn't get to see most of it, including the Bug's Life area, which we hear is perfect for toddlers. Oh well...there's always next time (in at least 10 years).

We drove home that night and were sweetly serenaded by our two little angels screaming their brains out. They were so tired but kept waking each other up. That's why they don't share a room.

The rest of the week was just hanging out, playing, and seeing friends and family. Adam and I went to see Harry Potter and my mom and I went to see Hairspray. Both good movies. We ate at all the places we don't have in Georgia (Jason's Deli, Panda Express (thrice), In N Out, Cheesecake Factory, Del Taco) and enjoyed stuffing our faces and gaining a few pounds (mostly me). I am pretty sure I ate at least 6 hand-dipped butterscotch dilly bars from Dairy Queen and I don't regret a single one of them. Thanks, Mike!

Brody and Cadence (Zach's daughter) played a lot together. Today Brody has been asking for Cay (Cadence) and Ham (aunt Amber) and Muck (Uncle Mike). They loved to play bubbles and Play-doh together.

Thursday Adam and I went to the temple together. It was AWESOME. We hadn't been together for 2 1/2 years because we live so far away from the temple and we haven't ever wanted to leave Brody with someone for 8 hours. It was nice to be together in the same temple we were sealed in. We even walked past the very room where we were sealed and talked about the memories we had. I sure love him.

Friday we had dinner and swimming with the Becksteads (our other family) and we had so much fun. We love them so much and loved to see them playing with our kids. Bridger could not get enough of Marissa.

Saturday we went to go see Adam's grandparents, which was heart-breaking. His grandma is losing her memory and her mind. Adam was discouraged that they weren't being taken care of like they should be.

We got home last night at about 1:30 Georgia time and crashed. Today we are trying to get back to our schedule and catch up on sleep. It is so good to be home. Adam cleaned the house spotless while I was gone and it looks amazing. There is nothing like coming home from a trip to a clean and organized house!!!

I'm sure I forgot a lot but I'm also pretty sure you wish I forgot more. Not all posts will be this long...our normal lives are pretty uneventful. Until next time...

3 comments:

sandra said...

great site, Jessica! glad you had a wonderful time.

I know what you mean about great looking kids. We have five and all are drop-dead gorgeous...but then maybe we are too prejudice for our own good...

we missed you. ask Lynn about the great lesson she gave on reverence yesterday...she was awsome!!

Kelly said...

I love your site. You guys are really a good looking family. I loved hearing about your trip. May we never forget what it is like to travel with small children. It's good to have you guys back. I missed you bunches.

Elaine Parry said...

Great blog. I hope you guys keep these going. It will make a great Journal of what is happening in your lives.