CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Poor Little Brody

Let me just start by saying that this week has been quite crappy. I do not deny that I am a pessimist and I find it hard to see the good side of things, but I have found that even though I have had some trials this week I see so many blessings, too.

Brody has been pretty crabby since we got home from seeing our family in Vegas. All day Sunday he was whiny and irritable. Monday Adam noticed that his 2-year molars were coming in and we thought that explained it. Then Monday night Brody woke up at 2 am and puked all over himself and his crib and had a 103 temperature. Of course we couldn't get any appointment with any of the 30 doctors at the army hospital because that is just the way army hospitals are. I guess it is true that you get what you pay for. I love free medical care but I love it even more when we actually get it. We finally got in today (Wednesday) with Brody's doctor, who we love. They did a blood test and we were on our way. An hour later we got a call from her saying he needed to come in immediately to have more tests and that his blood looked bad (blood looks like blood to me but I guess there is good blood and bad blood). We went in and they catheterized him (which was pointless because he was dehydrated and had no peepee). He had a chest x-ray done...blah blah blah. Anyway, he was sent to the emergency room with pneumonia and is being hospitalized overnight for at least tonight and maybe more. Adam is there with him and I am home with Bridger. It was heartbreaking to see Brody not moving for so long. Any of you who know Brody probably can't imagine him staying still for more than 30 seconds unless he is asleep. He looks so lethargic and out of it. He is pale and his eyes just look so tired. I went to take Adam some dinner and Brody just kept saying, "song", wanting me to sing him songs.

The blessings that have come from this may seem trivial to some but are tender mercies to me. Bridger has been so good for me since Brody has been sick. He has taken long naps and has been happy and content and quite independent for a baby. He even started sleeping through the night!!! This is day 3 of him not waking up to eat at all between 6pm and 7am. Yeah!! I know Heavenly Father is making this ordeal bearable for me.

Also, here's a cute story... there was a man at the doctor's office with a goatee and while they were drawing Brody's blood, he kept pointing at him and saying "dis", which means "this", which means "this is what I want". I asked him why he wanted that man and he said, "Papa" which is what he calls Grandpa. Grandpa has a goatee and he thought it was him. Poor little soul. I told the man and he said he wasn't a grandpa. I think I offended him. Maybe he should read Elder Bednar's talk about being offended.

Any prayers for Brody would be appreciated. He is a handful but we love him so much and can't wait until he gets better so he can be crazy again.

2 comments:

The Findarle Family said...

that is the saddest thing i have ever heard! i cant imagine him still and i hope you sang your little heart out sister!

Julie said...

He will definitely be in my prayers. I know how hard it can be having a sick child. Let me know if I can do anything for you.