CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Tantrums and Milestones

The other morning I went to get Bridger out of his bed and I found him standing in the crib holding onto the bars. Being able to pull himself up and stand with support is a new milestone for Bridger.
I can't believe how fast the months since his birth have gone by. With Brody we were waiting for every milestone to come but with Bridger it seems like we are so busy with both kids that the time goes so fast and we are so surprised to see Bridger learning new things. It is amazing to watch babies as they learn about the world around them. Sometimes I look into Bridger's eyes and see a new realization about something and it is so fun!

Brody has been really sensitive and dramatic lately. Yesterday was constant whining all day. I really don't know what to do to make him a happier child. He throws tantrums about EVERYTHING. This morning we went outside to go for a walk and then we went to play in the backyard and he threw a fit because he didn't want to be outside. Then we came inside and he threw a fit because he didn't want to be inside. Did he want to play in the garage? Did he want to play on the roof? I don't know! What else is neither outside nor inside? It is frustrating.It's attractive, isn't it? Notice the huge vein in his neck. That pops out whenever he is REALLY mad. It reminds me of the Hulk.

We are glad to be back into our old routine. The kids nap together and go to bed on time and that's what keeps me almost sane.

I just finished the seventh and final Harry Potter book. So good. There was so much closure and it was such a happy ending. I have been neglectful of housework in the last few days because I just had to finish it. Then last night after I finished I saw a Dateline with an interview with JK Rowlings and she explained why she killed off certain people and didn't kill off others. It was interesting. She is RICH.

Audrey is coming over this weekend. I am pretty excited to play. I only get a couple of days with her but we are going to party as much as any stay-at-home mom with 2 kids can!!!


2 comments:

Anita said...

Happy to see you guys on Blogger! Brody and Bridger?? Sounds familiar to me! You guys are so cute--you look the same only now with two little Adam's running around. Our blog is www.emontsters.blogspot.com. Oh and the tantrums with go away--eventually.

The Findarle Family said...

I really like you and your kids. brody does look like the hulk and do you know why he is throwing that tantrum?? because of cry baby caillou who throws a tantrum and then gets whatever he wants. just because he has cancer doesnt mean he has to be a brat.