CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Gingerbread House Contest

Last night was our third Annual Ginger bread House Contest with the Owens family. It is interesting to look back at all three and remember what each one was like. The first year, we had just moved into our house here in Georgia and we met the Owens, who live around the corner from us. She was a few months pregnant with Benjamin and we just had Brody. Their first house turned into a gingerbread jail and they were so unhappy with the way it turned out, they just left it on our car on their way home. We left it on their porch with a blue ribbon on it, not realizing that they had gone out of town and it brought a lot of ants to their front door. Oops, okay?

We got to know each other while making our first houses and then last year we decided to have
a rematch. They had Benjamin who was 6 months old and I was REALLY pregnant with Bridger. After completing our houses, we emailed everyone and asked them to vote. After deciding who the winner was (it was us, but I don't like to brag!) they made us dinner.

This year we had two kids (who luckily were asleep during the construction of our houses) and they had Benjamin here. Poor little guy- he was tired and all the candy on the table was so tempting for him. This year we are going to post our pictures on our blog and we are asking for
you all to comment on our blog and let us know which one you like best. Whoever wins gets dinner from the other couple!

19 comments:

Ferret said...

definitely the 2nd one.

Julie said...

How fun! I think I like the 2nd one the best.

Pilkington Family said...

I like the second one the best...that is so fun I have been telling shari how I thought we should make gingerbread houses this year, so this really makes me want to.

Anonymous said...

What a blast. The second one gets my vote.

Zachariah Parry said...

Poor #1. #2 is better, or at least produced a better picture.

Bastianclan said...

What a fun tradition. My vote is for the second one!

Brianna said...

First off, I'll tell you I need some background information. I like number 2, BUT... if number one was made with the assistance of a little toddler then I have to vote number 1. I have this thing for little kid art work! Hope that helps!

Jacob Parry said...

#2 looks like it is in the lead...it gets my vote

Aivaz Family said...

I vote #1. Just cuz. And also, I love your face.

Hannah said...

I think everyone is missing the artistic charm of picture number one. It may look a little run down, but think of the memories in the poor little house. It must have had a hard life. The picket fence is awesome and the tree in the background is simply fabulous. And using tootsie pops as shrubs, they must have been inspired. Despite the beauty of the second house, I must vote for the first one.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Hannah -- first of all who said anything about dinner this year?? Maybe the LOOSERS who can't cook (or build gingerbread houses) -- should GET dinner this year.
Just because #1 HAD to be completed in less than 20 minutes - because the initial LOG CABIN house ... well let's just say wouldn't stay together ...AND we're forgetting about these categories:
1. most color used, 2. the incredible garage door, 3.the presents under the tree, 4. the ornaments and bow on the tree, 5. the driveway, 6. the fence, 7. and who used the least # of graham crackers, 8. who used the MOST icing ...and 9. best of all - who did it all with a crying baby trying to help! DEFINITELY #1 gets our vote :)

Anonymous said...

OH -- AND I forgot -- the snowball pile! If it snow's this year - you guys better watch your backs :)

Shari Davis said...

Hmmmmm......I wonder who left that "anonymous" comment??????? That's too funny. My vote is the 2nd one. It's very neat. And pretty!!!

Becky said...

There are some really cute and creative things about #1, I agree, but #2 still gets my vote. Has Adam ever thought about becoming an architect? I love the balcony.

Lenae said...

Ha ha, Hannah's argument for #1 is awesome... I think you guys should make her dinner just for the way she fought for it :) (Oh, and I vote for #2.) Anyways, thanks so much for stopping by our blog! Yours is one I've been snooping and admiring that finally pushed me to make one for ourselves :)

Kendra said...

I am going to vote for #2 despite the rant of the anonymous! All those stipulations weren't in the rules of voting!

Adelheide said...

The second one.

Eliza said...

Wow, I don't think anonymous is as anonymous as they think. Number 2 is better. Enjoy your dinner.

The Findarle Family said...

#2 obviously. Who cares about all that other crap about garages and stuff... the finished look is what counts right? RIGHT