CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Adam's Family (do do do do snap snap)

Okay so it's been a while since I've posted but Audrey hasn't posted in like a month so I'm good (hint to Audrey). We have had a lot happen this week and I still haven't posted about Adam's family being here so here goes...

Adam's mom, dad, brother Hyrum, sister Faith, and her husband Allen came to stay
with us Thanksgiving weekend. They drove through the night 12 hours to be here on Thanksgiving day. Adam prepared the meal and it was delicious. He brined the turkey overnight, made crock pot mashed potatoes, pumpkin pies, etc. He even made a white chocolate mint Oreo cheesecake that was really yummy! I didn't have to worry about anything except setting the table. How great is that? The Livseys came over for dinner and they brought the yummiest rolls and stuffing, more pie, and I think some other things too but it's been a while, okay? It was a good day.

Friday morning Adam and I left the kids with the fam and went Christmas shopping for a couple of hours. We just hit Target, Michael's and Old Navy. We got some sweet deals, but I have never seen anything like that parking lot. It was before 8am when we got there and there was no where to park! It was insane. The line at Target was wrapped around the whole store, but they had a system that worked well so we were only in line for about 10 minutes.

Saturday night we went to Lights of the South. You go on a hayride pulled by a tractor through the trees and there are light displays and characters and you ride through it all. It is amazing. Then you can go to Mrs. Claus' kitchen and get hot chocolate or marshmallows to roast over the fire and you can go see Santa. We wanted to see Santa so we went and waited in line and after every person Santa had to get up and help the lady with the camera. Apparently he can make reindeer fly and deliver gifts to everyone in the world in one night but can't fix a camera. After waiting for longer than we wanted and seeing that the line wasn't progressing we left without seeing Santa. It was sad because Brody actually wanted to sit on Santa's lap. We are going to have to find a Santa to let him sit on.

The rest of the weekend was pretty much just hanging out, playing games, and putting up the Christmas decorations. Brody had so much fun with everyone. He took a particular interest in Hyrum and Allen because they would wrestle with him and throw him around like his dad does. He never was lacking attention and he was in heaven.

So other big news is that Bridger has started to walk. I say walk, but what I mean is take a few steps. Last Wednesday (the 29th) he took his first step and since then the most he has taken is 3 steps before falling. He is getting really good and standing up on his own but he is hesitant to take off. He has a lot of weight he has to balance!

We are getting excited for Christmas to come. It is such a special time of year. It is so easy to feel the Spirit during this time when our focus is on Jesus Christ and the amazing things He has done for us.

6 comments:

Ferret said...

What great pictures! It sounds like you had a wonderful thanksgiving. I still have to post ours too. Someday...

We are excited about Christmas also, it is such a wonderful time of year.

Anita said...

Hey, can I have your address? I wanted to send you guys a Christmas card.

Brianna said...

Jessica-
I'm so glad you posted, and with pictures. It has been years since I have seen Adam's family, especially Hyrum. How is he doing? Is he married, going to school? What's his story? Does he have email? I'm sure Brandon would love to send him a note. Hope you find a Santa for Brody.

The Findarle Family said...

Hi. Sorry ok I keep forgetting to post plus my life is boring right now... Bridger is so big to be walking and Brody is so attractive and I miss them both so much. You all are nice and hot

Becky said...

I know a Santa that you could bring your kids to see!!!!! We wouldn't charge you and we have lots of cameras that work.

I think Brianna is thinking of Kimball.

Eliza said...

The pics are so cute. I wish I was in them because it would mean I was playing with my babies.