CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Motherhood At Its Ugliest


This week has been pretty ugly, as the title of this blog suggests. I'll just jump into explaining why. Sunday morning Bridger woke up early and wanted to eat so I nursed him on the living room couch. About halfway through he started gagging and before my brain could register what was happening, I had projectile vomit in my MOUTH and all over me and all over the couch. And I mean ALL OVER. I have often wondered how so much stuff could come out of such a small body. Anyway, I ran into the bedroom and woke Adam up (which I kind of felt bad doing since he had gone to bed at 3 because he had worked the night before and was adjusting back to his weekend day schedule). I immediately went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth and cleaned myself up. That morning was the beginning of a very gross week with lots of dirty laundry, lots of runny diapers, and not so much sleep for any of us. Today is Thursday and I am still cleaning up puke and other not-so-pleasant bodily fluids that kids have when they are sick. Adam was really sick from Monday to Tuesday but is feeling much better. I am really grateful that I haven't gotten sick but not so grateful that I'm not going to complain about everyone else being sick. Today I about lost it. I have really been trying to be patient with the boys when they are whiny and needy and smelly but today was day #5 and I am so over it.

On Wednesday morning the boys took a break of being sick and tricked us into thinking that they were better. They woke up happy and they ate breakfast and all was fine. So we decided to take that opportunity to go to the mall and get their picture taken with Santa. I have always been against the mall Santas but the other chance we had with Santa was taken away when Santa's camera wasn't working and Brody loves talking about Santa so we just gave in and went. I can't believe how expensive it was! We got the 2nd smallest package (only because the smallest was 3x5 pictures- what do you do with a 3x5 picture???) and it was $20!!! I wanted to crawl into Santa's fake little house and cry. You better believe I am downloading that picture and using it in every way that I can think of. Brody was really shy when he first got on Santa's lap. He actually covered his face with his hands so Santa couldn't see him. Bridger just sat there and stared at him. No one was behind us in line so they just chilled with Santa for a while. Did they both smile at the same time while looking at the camera? Of course not but at least they aren't screaming, right? Also, Santa's eyes aren't really as creepy as they look- it's just the glare on his glasses.

On to other things.... as Brody said in his blog about being tagged, he likes to take his jammies off while in his crib. Then I have to go in before I go to bed and redress him so he doesn't freeze all night. Well my friend Hannah gave me a really good idea to put a t-shirt on over his jammies so he can't unzip them and take them off. So I did it and it worked...for a couple of days. Then he figured out to just put his hand under the shirt and unzip the jammies and just take his legs out and leave his arms in the sleeves. What is with that? Oh well. It is now only every once in a while that he gets out so I guess it's worth keeping the t-shirt on.

Bridger is now saying "Uh-oh", waving bye-bye, and taking up to 5 steps at a time.

Brody is now saying "Why not?" whenever I say anything (even when I say "yes"). Today I was on my way to the UPS store to mail a package that I had printed out a label for and I saw a UPS truck stopped at someone's house so I just stopped and gave it to him. Brody asked "what" that man was, meaning who he was and I told him he was the UPS man. When we got home more than an hour later, he told Adam that he saw a "U...P...S...mailman".

Also, here are some pictures of the boys playing at the park and of Bridger's cute haircut. That's about all for now. Any of you who are actually still reading this, thanks for sticking around and letting me vent!

12 comments:

Aivaz Family said...

Jess,

Sick kids are one of the crappiest things you'll ever deal with. Sorry you had two. You always amaze me with your positive attitude, if that makes it any better. And also, you are hot.

Anonymous said...

You poor thing! Sick kids are the worst. Maybe someone elses vomit in your mouth is even worse. On the bright side, next week is bound to be better. Right!?

Brianna said...

Emma does the same thing with her jammies. Although if she can't get them off she will sit in her crib and scream at the top of her lungs (which can get to be pretty annoying). My mother-in-law told me to zip them up and then close them with a safety pin at the top through the zipper hole. I don't know if that will work for you but it has worked for us.

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julie said...

I am so sorry Jessica. I hate having sick kids. Let me know if I can help you with anything.

Anita said...

I love the picture of the boys with Santa! The santa looks like he's from the 1940's--I don't know what it is about him. I hope everyone is feeling better at you house.

Zachariah Parry said...

I was going to suggest the safety pin. Darn. I wasn't quick enough. Funny, though. Cadence always takes her pajamas off. I wonder if it is human nature to be a nudist.

Adelheide said...

As always, totally cute pictures of the boys. It looks like Bridger has dimples. That brings his cute factor through the roof!

Shari Davis said...

Oh Jess! I'm so sorry you have had a not so good week! Sick kids are a bummer! I hope you're doing better! You have such a cute little family!!!!!

The Findarle Family said...

just to let you know your blog almost made me vomit.... and i like your kids they are really cute and brody says really cute things. he is so smart and so is bridger to be able to say uh oh. i love you!

Becky said...

I know I say this all the time but DANG I have cute grandkids! My Santa is better than your Santa!

Eliza said...

What is with Santa's shirt? Is he disco Santa? Nice ruffles dude. Also, sorry you ate vomit.