CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Home Again

We're back in Georgia after more than 2 great months in Nevada with my family. It was so nice to have family around everyday to help with the boys. At night, I was often able to go out with my friends or to the temple with my mom while someone stayed home with the kids. Having family with me while Adam is away was such a blessing. Those of you who live close to your parents or other family are lucky!
This is me with my best friend from high school- Kendra. We got to hang out a few times and let our kids play together. I even got to celebrate her birthday with her!
The last weekend we were there, my mom, the boys and I drove down to California to stay at my dad's new condo in Santa Ana. We weren't there for long, but we got to go to the beach, to IKEA, and to a really cool petting zoo in San Juan Capistrano.
My mom and I went out to go shopping one night at South Coast Plaza, only to realize that it closed at 8. What mall closes at 8? I was also able to go see my best friend Royah from when we lived in California and meet her family. I haven't seen her since my wedding day and it was fun to catch up with her and see her as a mom.The day before we left Las Vegas, we drove down to the Strip and let the kids see all the lights and cool buildings. Brody especially like the pyramid (the Luxor) and the lion (MGM Grand). We went to the Bellagio and walked through the flower garden (amazing) and watched the water show. Brody LOVES water fountains so I thought he would be really excited about the water show. He just covered his ears and kept saying it was too loud.
Now that we are home, it's nice to have my own bed to sleep in and to be with my Georgia friends again. I missed them a lot. I've been busy getting back into my church calling, taking care of all the things that built up over 2 months, and trying to stay sane until Adam gets home.

7 comments:

Elaine Parry said...

Glad you are safely home again. I tried to phone you before Thansgiving. I do try to keep my eye on you. Enjoyed the pictures. How do you stay so young looking? I especially liked your superman outfit. I'll bet your parents will miss you and the boys greatly after having you there.
I love you a lot. Grandma

Pilkington Family said...

Just a few more hours till adam gets here!!! Hang in there. Let me know when you want me to watch the boys so you can go out on a date...take adam to see twilight:)

heather said...

So sad that you are home...but I know that you are happy b/c you are with Adam!
By the way, love your new hair do! It took me a second before I actually realized that you changed it. I love it.

Kendra said...

I miss you! I am glad you could visit for so long and that we could play! Make sure to post some pics of Adam's funny beard!

Kendra said...

PS. I just noticed that I have the same swimming suit that you are wearing in that pic! We should really stop doing things like that!

tfeathe said...

What wonderful pics! It really is nice to be with your family for awhile, and nice to get home, too. The weather looks fantastic!

Becky said...

Want to come back and stay again? This time you can bring Adam I guess. It took me a few days before I stopped expecting to see you and the little munchkins when I came in from work.