CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 1, 2008

"Somebody is in Trouble!"

This year, we all decided to be superheroes. Brody chose Batman for him and Superman for Bridger. My mom helped me put my costume together. Every time Brody had his costume on, he would say the funniest things:

"Da da da da da da da da BATMAN!"
"Mom, somebody's in trouble. I better go help them!" (then he would run off to save them)

Bridger would also say "Da da da da da" even though the Superman theme song is nothing like that.

For Halloween yesterday, we started at the mall for trick-or-treating, since you could go as early as 4. The mall gives each store 2 bags of candy and tells them not to buy anything more. They want to keep the candy safe I guess. The only problem is that they give the same kind of candy to each store and it is all crap candy. You know what I'm talking about. Twilight mints, fruit wrapper candy, etc. Every store gave the same junk and we had to wait in line at every store to get the junk. It was pretty disappointing, but the kids thought it was cool for like 5 minutes so I guess it was worth it. Or was it?

Then we went to my parent's ward's Trunk or Treat and had chili for dinner and let the kids get more candy. We got way better candy there and it was fun to see all the decorated cars. Brody was very diligent about saying his "Trick-or-Treat" and "Thank you"s and Bridger loved running around pretending he was flying.

Of course, we totally missed having Adam there. I have realized there is a reason why Heavenly Father put a man and a woman together to make a family. It is incomplete without both parents. We each contribute different things to make our family function. I miss him and can't wait until he gets home. He was a superhero this year, too, even though he didn't get to dress up.


19 comments:

Justin and Lindsay Wilkin said...

Talk about HOT MOM! :) I hope your husband was back in town, Ha Ha! The kids look super cute in their costumes.

Bastianclan said...

yeah we are so safe withe your family. I know who to call if I need help. Cute pics. Happy Halloween

Bastianclan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
heather said...

Love your costume jess! Gald to know that my blue tights worked out!

Staci said...

I love your super hero family.. Way cut costume.. you look smashing!.. I hope you had a good time.. For me Halloween was much harder without a husband than Thanksgiving and Christmas.. it sounds odd but is so true..
I miss you!

Pilkington Family said...

Jessica- I must say that you are freakin HOT!!!

Lenae said...

"He was a superhero this year, too, even though he didn't get to dress up." -I love this; you are awesome.

I guess I don't need to say you're hot too, since everyone else has ;) Both the boys looked cute, and I love Bridger's curl-bang-thing (what is that technically called?!)

Becky said...

Aren't you guys the cute little superhero family?? The mall was kinda lame huh?

Shari Davis said...

Love it!!!!!!

Leslie Watters said...

Great pics, Superhero Family!

sNick said...

You guys are like the Incredibles!

Adam said...

HELP!! Save me!! i need mouth to mouth!!

Amber said...

You guys look great!! Cadence was SOOOO excited when she saw you each dressed up!

Zachariah Parry said...

Very nice. I would loved to have been there.

Tina Clark said...

Jessica - You guys look so dang cute! I can't believe you have two kids!!!!!!!!!!! It's great to read what you are up to!

Kendra said...

Dang, you look HOT! I am sorry that I missed that costume in person! You guys looked awesome as the super hero family though. I agree about the mall, we were there too. We gave the candy that he got there out at our trunk or treat because it was crap! Too bad I didn't see you there!

The Findarle Family said...

You guys all looked sooo cute! I was going to be batgirl but all my junk was hanging out because it was so dang short... so I was robin hood.. he is kinds a hero because he stole from the rich to give to the starving poor...i like you all

Juliette said...

Cute costumes!

Scott and Katelyn said...

how cute are you guys!!