CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Brody is weird.


Warning: This blog post contains poop material that may not be suitable for all viewers. Viewer discretion is advised.

So, Brody is Five. That was our last post. Yay! Right? Well I'm going to tell you three stories that have all happened in the last week or so and you tell me if Brody is normal or if we should be worried.

1) I heard this conversation between Jessica and Brody a few nights ago at bed time while I was bottle feeding Penny on the couch.

Mom: “Brody, why don’t you have your jammies on?”

Brody: “I was going poop.”

Mom: “Did you wipe?”

Brody: “no”

Mom: “Why not, Brody?”

Brody: “Because I don’t care if my bum hurts a little bit.”


This same conversation has repeated itself at least twice since then. He claims that because he "can't get all of it" that he shouldn't have to deal with the hassle of it at all. We claim he is gross.


2) As I was opening the gate to go into the backyard on Friday when I saw bridger approaching with his jean shorts unzipped.

Me: “What are you doing?”

Bridger: “I’m going to go pee in that dump truck” (indicating his toy dump truck)

Me: “Bridger, you can’t pee in there. If you need to, go by the tree or something.” (Yes, this is Adam writing)

Bridger: “But Brody went poop in it yesterday.”

This fact was later confirmed by Brody himself who apparently had no issue with it and could not see what the fuss was about. What possesses a little boy to go poop in a dump truck instead of coming inside to the toilet? I mean it makes sense to drop a load in a loader, or take a dump in a dump truck, but seriously? The house is like 5 feet away.


3) One night this week after dinner I took all the kids for a walk around the neighborhood. When we got home I got on the computer and the boys sat on the couch to watch a show before going to bed. Jess was sewing at her craft table (something she has found to be quite relaxing and that she is quite good at. I love that girl.) Anyway, so after the show was over Jess and I got up and walked out of our "office" and into the living room to get the boys.

Jess: "Alright, its time for bed, go up stairs and get your jammies on."

Brody: "pooped." (sorta high pitched like)

Jess: (thinking he was joking, she talked to him kinda baby like) "Did you go poopoo in your pants?"

Brody: "On the walk."

Jess: "Seriously?

It was quickly discovered that Brody was not joking. At. All. At some point during our walk (30 to 45 minutes before this time) he had pooped in his underwear and then had come home and just plopped onto the couch to watch TV. Now our couch was indeed covered in poop juice where Brody had been sitting.

Jess: "Brody!!! Why didn't you come in and change your clothes?!"

Brody: "I wanted to watch TV."

Makes perfect sense right?

So there you have it. Three "funny-if-its-not-your-kids" stories for you to mull over and decide: Is Brody just a normal kid, or is his brain "Abby Normal"?

13 comments:

Zachariah Parry said...

I cannot judge whether it is weird for kids his age. Only that it is funny.

Becky said...

I think it is normal as long as it doesn't last forever. I think kids sometimes have relapses or stages or whatever and they decide to drive their parents insane.

Jessica said...

Really? You just outed our kid to the world? I hope he never finds out. Poor kid.

Just so everyone knows, we still love that sweet little poopy boy.

The Mitchells said...

It's stories like these that make me so grateful for my own children... :-) Love you guys - and your kids!

-Tyler

Aivaz Family said...

I am not saying he is abby-normal, just that my kid doesn't do that. He is cute, though.

Jay and Sherrie said...

Don't worry, Brody's fine. Before long, Penny will be old enough to fling poop, and all will be wonderful!

Amber said...

If it makes you feel better, the other night Jack peed in my closet. For no other reason than "to be naughty to my mom"

He has no idea how lucky he is to be alive.

Anonymous said...

You said, "poop juice."

Shari Davis said...

bahahahahahahahaha!! That's hilarious!

Pilkington Family said...

what do you mean by "Abby normal?"

Kendra said...

Boys are gross! I really think it is kind of a boy thing and I am starting to realize this with Casen already! Penny will never do that!!

Audrey and Mike Findarle said...

I think it is funny you said bottle feeding penny like maybe we would think you were breast feeding him... also that is all really gross but funny and I like brody alot. Also please throw their dump truck away

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

Gross. And Funny. And normal. (At least for our family too...)