CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Lately

Things are starting to feel more normal here. Penny is getting on a schedule (kind of) and I am feeling more human. School is about to get out for the summer, which I have mixed feelings about. It's nice to have Brody gone for a while during the day so I have one less child to spread attention to, but I am done with driving to Brody's school every day. Penny is not a big fan of her car seat (meaning she screams every time we're in the car) and it's an inconvenience to have to take Bridger and Penny into the school to have to get Brody.

So here's what's been going on in our house lately:

Brody is getting better and better at reading every day. He loves to learn and do puzzles and activity books. He still has the sweetest smile and still loves to snuggle and hug and kiss. He sure is turning 5 this week which is kind of freaking me out. 5 is old. And he's mine. It's just weird.
Bridger is the best little "Penny helper" as he calls himself. He will do ANYTHING for me if it involves Penny (not so much with anything else). He loves to put her binky back in, tickle her, and try to make her smile. He also loves to put his foot on her face and poke her in the eyeball, which we're trying to teach him is not really okay. His face lights up when I bring her into the room and he immediately runs to be by her side. She's going to have a great friend when she gets older.
The boys' new favorite thing to wear to bed is one of Adam's shirts. They think it's so cool. They also have a hard time going to the bathroom in the middle of the night without soaking their big shirts in pee.

Penny is the sweetest baby EVER. The boys were cute and cuddly as babies, but also really fussy and they didn't get the whole "sleep is mandatory" thing. Penny is just what I needed- a baby who loves to sleep, eats quickly, and doesn't cry hardly at all (unless we're in the car). She is a perfect little mini person who we all love so much.

Adam is always busy with his job, the Navy reserves, his calling at church, and being the best dad ever. He is always willing to take the boys somewhere if I need a break and he pretty much takes over when he gets home from work. He's nice.

I have been a sewing fool lately. I sew a little every day to relieve stress and to remind myself that I am capable of doing more than changing diapers and breastfeeding. Having a girl has awaken the craftiness in me once again. There are so many fun things to make for little girls. Fabric flowers for headbands, dresses, shoes....I love girly stuff.Here's a dress and some shoes I made for little Penny.

I just realized that this sounds kind of like a Christmas newsletter. How embarrassing. Oh well. You didn't have to read it.

We're pretty excited about our trip to Vegas next month. We can't wait to see everyone!

9 comments:

heather said...

So cute! I love the dress and shoes you made! Girl, you are talented!
So I love that the boys wear Adam's shirts to bed. We trid doing that with the kids and they hate it. Maybe it will happen next year. :)

Anonymous said...

Could you be any more talented? I submit that you cannot. I used to love wearing my dad's shirts to bed. I don't recall having the pee problem. Your kids are amazing and so are you!

Jennifer Sharpe said...

Love the outfit and shoes, Adorable! Oh yeah and Penny is pretty adorable too! I'm glad she's being good for you.

Adelheide said...

I loved that your blog seemed like a Christmas letter. I think people should blog like that more often. Then I feel like I know everything about everyone even though I never see anybody!

Also, you and Adam make really cute kids. Just FYI.

Hannah said...

I really haven't seen my sewing machine in a long time. I need some of your inspiration. Mia needs things.

Your tickets to Vegas have a 3 week lay-over in San Angelo right?

Zachariah Parry said...

Does Brody wear socks to bed too?

And it looks like there might be a little pee on the Superman shirt in the picture.

Becky said...

What a fun and newsy blog. Love those kids and can't wait till you get here!

The Mitchells said...

I. Love. That. Dress. Love it. How did you make it? I have to know so I can make one for Eliza.

Eliza said...

Was Bridger so blinded by Penny's beauty that he needed the shades inside?

Also, the comment above mine from the Mitchells really threw me. I was thinking "who is this Mitchell broad and why does she want to make me a dress?". The curse of having a unique name is that it makes me narcissistic. I just assume when someone says Eliza they are talking about me.

On that note, thank you ______ Mitchell. Size 8 - no pink. Thanks.