CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Penny's Blessing

These past few weeks have been kind of a blur to me what with the newborn-in-the-house-so-no-one-gets-any-sleep-around-here thing. It has been interesting to try to adjust to having three kids. Interesting meaning crappy. Grandma, is it okay for me to say crappy on here?

So anyway, this last Sunday was the big day for Penny to be blessed. She was a good girl for the blessing and was obviously adorable in her little dress. Unfortunately, there was some microphone malfunction and so I only heard about half of the blessing. Luckily we sat about 3 rows from the front, otherwise I wouldn't have heard anything. I always like to take notes so that we and our children can look back and remember what was said in their blessings. Here are a few highlights:

Penny was blessed to have the instinct and inspiration to follow the Spirit and a desire to get to know those promptings, the desire and moral character to be the daughter that Heavenly Father would have her be, a strong knowledge of God's love and parents' love for her, that she will be a good example to others, and continued health, strength, and vigor to live a happy life.

If she receives all of those blessings, she is going to be rad.

It is really stressful to take a family picture after church. And I'm not taller than Adam, I'm just wearing heels and am higher on the hill than he is, okay?
I'm so grateful that Adam is worthy to exercise the priesthood and that he was able to bless Penny. It is a blessing that is easy to take for granted.
Penny with her brothers, who absolutely adore her. Bridger is the best little helper any new mom could ask for. He love love loves little Penny. Also, he looks a little Mad Hatter-ish in this picture, but in reality, he is a handsome little feller.

5 comments:

Amber said...

Oh gracious those pictures are so beautiful!! And you look super hot.

KarenM said...

Beautiful family!

heather said...

What a good looking family! What beautiful blessing for Penny. Love you Jess.

The Galan Family said...

Wish we could have been there. Your shirt is super cute and I am way impressed with all your crafty talent. Good job. Your little family is so adorable.

Becky said...

Ummm when are you coming? I miss all of you, but I'm not going to lie, maybe Penny the most. She is a doll. The boys are way too cute also. You and Adam are okay I guess (he he he). Love the shirt. Will you teach me how?