CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 2, 2012

Riverbanks Zoo

We hadn't been to the zoo in years so when my parents came to town, we figured it was time to go again.  They've made a lot of improvements since we've been.  It was perfect weather and not too crowded.  We had so much fun!  It was Penny's first time to the zoo and she loved seeing all the animals...for a second.  Then she was ready to move on.

 Bridger had a rough time at the beginning.  I'm not sure why, but for some reason whenever we do something fun, he gets upset easily and usually ends up crying.  Adam and my dad each had a talk with him and he mellowed out and had fun.  Here is is feeding the birds nectar.  Brody did it too, and the bird grabbed the cup right out of his hand and threw it on the ground.  He thought it was hilarious!

 Cute boys.

 I love his smile.

 Penny usually takes a while to get used to visitors, but she took a quick liking to my dad.  She wanted to be with him all the time.  I love seeing my parents with my kids- it doesn't happen often enough.

 This elephant had his legs crossed like this for over 10 minutes!  It was so funny.  What elephant does that?  This one and also his friend next door.  Both elephants were crossing their legs!

 Penny has the goofiest camera smile.  It looks like it hurts.

 In the penguin house.

 He's so old.

 They have a farm area where you can milk (water) a fake cow and smell chickens.  Not the highlight of the day.

 Two of my favorite girls in the world. Seriously, though.  

$2 for a handful of lettuce was worth it to see a giant giraffe tongue envelope Brody's hand and to hear his little squeal of delight.  Next time we should bring our own lettuce though.

We had so much fun with my parents.  We never take enough pictures but we did a lot of fun things together.  I love them.

1 comments:

Becky said...

The elephants had to go to the bathroom and they can never find a time when people aren't staring at them, duh. It was a really fun day. It helps when there are 4 adults to 3 kids :)