CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 1, 2012

Brody's 7!!!

How do I have a 7 year old?  I remember when Brody was a baby and I couldn't imagine what he would be like as a toddler.  I wondered what his little voice would sound like and what querks he would have and what his personality would be like.  He didn't disappoint.  His voice is so soft and sweet and listening to him talk makes me happy.  His personality is all a mom hopes for.  He's kind and grateful (he thanks me for dinner almost every night) and he still loves to hug and kiss us. 

So for his birthday, we told him he could invite a friend somewhere fun to spend the afternoon.  I've decided to only do big birthday parties every other year.  He chose to take his buddy Kade to Adventure Crossing.  They played laser tag with Adam and then rode the go carts.  Turns out Adventure Crossing without coupons is as expensive as throwing a party.  When all was said and done, we had dropped $80!! Ridic is what that was.  Oh well- lesson learned. 
 Look at that dimply smile.  Seriously.  He was so happy.  He really looks up to Kade, who is about 18 months older than he is, and Kade is the perfect boy to look up to.  I'm so glad they're friends.

 I love love love this picture.  Brody loves his dad so stinkin' much.  He loves to do everything Adam does and wants to wrestle with him any chance he gets. 

 Brody asked for chocolate cake and chocolate icing- both gross in my book.  So there was a lot left over.  Haha.
 This kid couldn't pack it in fast enough.  None of my kids have sugar thresholds.  They could eat it all day long and not ever stop.
 Brody has been wanting Beyblades for a long time so Adam and I finally had to go to the store and figure out what the heck he was talking about.  Turns out they're a lot of fun to play.  We had a Beyblade championship game and I totally kicked trash.  I got pretty competitive considering it's a little boy battle game.

 She's a charmer, huh?
 Oh- so while Brody and Kade were doing laser tag, Audrey and I took the littles out to ride the dinky (expensive) rides.  He loved the carousal.  And so did Penny.

I wasn't feeling so hot so Audrey was kind enough to take Bridger on the mini roller coaster.  Bridger was scared out of his mind.  It's a slow and short ride, but he said he never wanted to ride it again.  The picture is crappy quality but you can see his little terrified look.  Audrey comforted him the whole time.  What  good aunt!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I can't believe Brody is 7 either. Holy cow where does the time go? He is a great little man. I love him.

Winn Family said...

SO FUN! Thanks for inviting Kade. He LOVED it!