CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 1, 2012

Marine Mud Run 2012...Kid Style

 I've done the Marine Mud Challenge twice now and although I have had a lot of fun in the past (mostly), I have been really sick from my pregnancy and know I would want to die if I did it.  My kids really wanted to do it this year and I was so excited for them!  But also nervous because I wasn't sure how they'd do.  Sometimes they freak out and don't want to try new things.  Turns out I was spot on in Bridger's case.
 Brody loved every second of it.  He was smiling in every picture.  Bridger, on the other hand, was happy until the first muddy hill came and then he started crying and got scared.  We convinced him to keep going and our neighbor, who was there with his son, took Bridger under his wing and stayed with him to keep him feeling safe.  So nice.

 It was a 1 mile run with a few obstacles in between.  Crawling through muddy water, climbing over muddy hills, crawling through cement tunnels and running through tires.  I love seeing Brody's happy brave face.  And I think next year Bridger will be more ready to handle it.




 Due to Bridger's hesitance, he stayed pretty clean.  Brody was covered in stinky orange mud and was thrilled about it!
They got medals just for participating and Brody wore his to school the whole next week.  I love them so much!

2 comments:

Becky said...

That is so cool!

Winn Family said...

ha ha ha. I love that bridger! Good for him to not give way to peer pressure right? :)