CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My Boys Make Me Laugh

Bridger makes me laugh. As you can see in these pictures, Bridger is cute and has plenty of character (and cellulite). He has this cheesy grin that makes me melt and when Brody is laughing, Bridger laughs too- not because he knows what is so funny, but because he wants to laugh just like his big brother. When he isn't happy, however, look out. He is a pro tantrum thrower. We start them young in our family. If something isn't the way he likes it, he will arch his back and scream from his throat and it is loud and annoying. We were at Wal-Mart yesterday and he started screaming like that and people were looking at us like, "What are you doing to him?" Brody has thrown quite a few public tantrums but I have never been really embarrassed because people know kids throw tantrums. This was different- it was like Bridger was trying to convince people that we were abusing him. I guess we were, if you consider giving him snacks and juice and toys to play with to make him shut up abuse. I say tomato.....

Brody makes me laugh too. He is starting to say really funny things. Maybe they aren't funny things, but the fact that he says them is funny. Today I was feeding Bridger baby food for lunch and I spilled some down his pants. Here is what followed:

Me: "Oh man!"
Brody: "What wrong, Mommy? Mommy make mess Buh?" (Buh=Bridger)
Me: "Yes, I made a mess on Bridger."

About 20 minutes later, Brody was at the table eating his lunch and his chair back "came off" which means he ripped it off. He exclaimed "Oh man!" in much the same way that I had and said, "Dis wall down!" (this fall down). It was funny that he picked up on it.

Also, Brody is slightly anxious about elevators. He likes them, he likes to push the button, but he always has to hold our hands and he looks a little uneasy while we are in them. Twice this week he was in an elevator with either Adam or me and Bridger and both times, he grabbed Bridger and said, "Okay, Buh. Here go!" (It's okay, Bridger, here we go!) He was trying to comfort Bridger because he assumed Bridger was scared too- at least that is my guess. It was cute.

I don't have any appropriate pictures of Brody this week. I have one that I took in the middle of his nap after he took his pants and diaper off (which is a regular thing now a days) but I'm not posting it on our public blog for chesters to find.

We had our first Relief Society Meeting in our new ward on Sunday and I think it went well. I was a little overwhelmed looking at all the sisters and feeling a new love for them and thinking of the responsibility I have to makes sure their needs are met. I am getting used to the idea, though, and I am excited!

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Ferret said...

Jessica, your boys are way too cute! Brody is so clever. I think the meeting went great on Sunday! You will be a great President.

Zachariah Parry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zachariah Parry said...

Your chester comment makes me laugh. Makes me think of someone in the family and naked tag.

Bastianclan said...

Jessica, I am so glad I do not say bad words cuz your kiddos pick up on whatever you say. At least you can be happy he said Oh man and not something more colorful. Giggles. See you tonight...

Brad and Erica said...

I think your boys are funny too. I wish I could be there to hear Brody's vocabulary expand!

Shari Davis said...

Your boys are so stinkin' cute!

Becky said...

I can't stand that I am missing out on all of these cute moments. Bridger should be kissing me instead of the faucet duck!

Eliza said...

My nephews are extremely smart and talented. I like them a lot. I also like when Zach talks about our family's resident Chester. Good times.

Anonymous said...

you guys are all nuts. where in the world do you even find the material necesary to rapper the stuff that you have gone and done. As for me, Iwould rather be icthhing a scratch that dealing withall of these one. However, I don't mean to put anyone down becuase I know each person must in the end answer for himself and believe the things necessary unto slavation. But I did spwak with a man the other night who was quoting me some of the wierdest scriptures to prove a particular point. I did not think he was right. IHe was just rambling on with no idea of what he was talking about. Anywho, I love you all. Keep doing this stuff cause I'm sure it will maybe be okay. Take care.