CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 4, 2007

County Fair and Other News

Yesterday we went with the Livseys to the Columbia County Fair. It was fun for about the first 4 minutes. Brody went on a couple of rides with Hayden and we got to go see the petting zoo (it was really a sad place). Everything was ridiculously expensive and it was crowded and smelled like manure and cigarette smoke. Yummy, right? Oh well. Now we can say we've been to the county fair.

After the fair we went to Cici's Pizza, which is a pizza buffet much like Stevie B's Pizza, only way grosser. Stevie B's has the best breadsticks and a huge variety of pizza. I'm a pepperoni only girl, but Adam likes to try new things and they will custom make a pizza for you with anything on it- mac and cheese, baked potato, anything they have they will make into a pizza. Cici's food had a weird taste to it and was pretty disappointing, but they had really good mini cinnamon rolls. I think I had like 5. Or maybe more- who knows? We are glad we went, though, because now we know how much better Stevie B's is and we can tell the world.

Friday was a really long day. Brody didn't take a nap and Bridger only took a 45 minute nap in the afternoon so they were crabby and it was frustrating having to keep them quiet while Adam was sleeping (he is on the night shift again). I was trying to think of things to do to keep them happy and one of them was a sticker party. We got a cute Halloween package from Legrand and Valarie (Adam's brother and his wife) and it had 4 sheets of Halloween stickers in it. Brody loves stickers so we stuck stickers all over each other and it provided quite a bit of entertainment for us. Bridger was confused and I'm pretty sure he didn't like the feeling of stickers all over his face, but sometimes we all have to make sacrifices to make Brody happy, do we not?

In other big news, our ward split last week. We were asked to go to the Stake Center on Sunday night and they created a new ward called the Grovetown Ward, which we are now members of. We lost a lot of good friends but we still live close and hope to see them every once in a while. Also, we now go to church at 12:30 which we learned today is quite brutal. It is nap time and crabby time and the I am pretty sure the nursery was a nightmare for those poor nursery teachers. Bridger was not a happy camper. Also, this morning Adam and I met with our new bishop and I got called to be the new Relief Society President so I got sustained and set apart today. I still kind of feel like I'm going to throw up whenever I think about it but at the same time, I know I will have a lot of help from the Lord, from Adam, and from the other members of our ward. I love our new ward. It is young and fresh and it is a new start. I know that obedience and willingness to sacrifice bring blessings and you know I love blessings! I am nervous and excited and confused all at the same time (I am too young for this!).

15 comments:

Ferret said...

Jessica, you will make an aweomse RS President!

Glad you got to go to the fair, the pictures are soooo cute!

Shari Davis said...

I was just telling Ben that I'm way excited that your relief society president. I think you will do a wonderful job. You're a great person and I like you a lot too. If you need any help (playing piano, leading the music, etc.), let me know. I'm here.

Shari Davis said...

Oh and by the way, your kids are too stinkin' cute!!!!!

Adelheide said...

The CiCi's Pizza down the street from me is pretty lame too, so I can relate, however I've never been to Stevie B's, so I can't attest to it being grosser.

Eliza said...

Jess, I wish you were my RS president. You will do a fantastic job. Also, I like you and your family and not just because you are abnormally attractive (although you are - really).

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to know how Cici's was, but I'm glad you went and now we don't have to go. Thanks for being our guinea pigs!

Don't second guess yourself, you are an extraordinary woman who will do amazing things with your Relief Society. Keep posting and let us know how you're doing.

Brad and Erica said...

Jess - sorry that Adam is on night shift again. That is rough - so is 12:30 church. Sorry the county fair was so lame. I hope that you at least got some enjoyment from watching the other people at the fair (that is always my favorite part.) Good luck with your new calling. It is amazing how the Lord steps in and makes things possible you never thought you could do on your own. I will try to call this week. :-)

Bastianclan said...

well I have never even heard of Cici's Pizza so thanks for that tip. and as for you being RS President, I am so excited for you. You are such a loving and wonderful daughter of God. You are a wonderful example. You are going to do an awesome Job. and you are right you have lots of friends that will support you. The Lord will always be by your side too! Hugs Tina
I will have to remember the sticker game HUMMM maybe that will work for my kiddos too.

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Jess -- We've tried CiCi's ... and yes, Stevi B's really makes them look like a lobster buffet! I'm excited for you and your new calling! Just think as Pres. Faust said, "I think I can, I think I can..." and a few years from now you'll be able to say, "I thought I could, I thought I could!" We are possibly going to try out the fair... I REALLY just want Benjamin to see the petting farm -- we'll see -- Have a great TUESDAY!

Bastianclan said...

Tag your it. check out my blog to find out details.
Tina

Elaine Parry said...

Dear, dear Jessica, Gpa and I are not surprised at all at your new calling. We are so pleased that your bishopric heeded the Lord's call for you. It can be scary at first but with you, you'll be right into it soon. You may not have asked for this calling but you have lived worthy is why you were called. Love your blogs and pictures!

The Findarle Family said...

Could Bridger's legs be any fatter? If so lets make them fatter, I want a fried Bridger thigh! Also I personally know how they get without naps. Sorry ok? I really like your new background and congrats on RS president. You are really nice and I think your personality and creativeness will make it fun for everyone! I love you.

Ingrid Harris said...

i know exactly what you mean about the cinnamin rolls at CICI's we had one in topeka and that's all i ate when i went there. delish eh?

Kelly said...

Jess,
I love the pics of the kiddies. I also wanted to find out when we could get together and stamp. I also need your help with setting up a ebay sellers account (i'm going to start selling my cards on-line). Say a little prayer from me tonight, Please. The Bishop wants to see me tomorrow morning. He said Jason needs to be with me. The Wright's said its probably for a leadership calling. We'll see, I'm really nervous now. Love you tons.

Shari Davis said...

Just wanted to tell you that I think you are way awesome and I'm so glad we're friends!!!