CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Tonight we went trick-or-treating with Brody and Bridger. Bridger mostly just stayed in the stroller, but was admired by passersby. Our friends Rachel and Jonathan with their son Benjamin met us at our house to take pictures and then we were off. We just went up and down the streets of our neighborhood. Brody was a little confused at first. He would say "gickogeet" and then just stare. He would get his candy and we would remind him to say thank you and the staring continued. After a few houses, he was a pro. "Gickogeet", candy, "Dit do", turn around and go to the next house. He even started saying "Ah ah self" meaning he wanted to go to the door alone. At one such house, I stood back a few feet and let him knock on the door. Once he knocked, a fogger turned on and started blowing fog loudly at him. He freaked out and ran towards me. The guy answered the door and saw fraidy cat Brody holding onto me and said, "The first person I turn the smoke on for turns out to be a fireman. I feel bad." After that Brody was happy to have Adam or me go to the door with him.

Our neighborhood was quite festive. A lot of houses went all out with Halloween decorations. Even more had carved pumpkins or scarecrows or other scary things. It was fun to see all the other kids dressed up.

Brody scored, which means that really Adam and I scored. We didn't even come close to getting all the houses in our neighborhood and we had to empty his firetruck candy holder a few times because it was overflowing. We were out for about 45 minutes and then came home to put the boys to bed and started giving out candy. I'm already out of candy. It was a busy night.


Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Jonathan and Rachel said...

We sure had a GREAT time! When we got home ... Benjamin LOVED handing out candy to the other kids! It was fun!! -- Rachel

Brianna said...

your costumes were so cute. Maybe one year I'll get Jared to dress up and we can all go trick-or-treating.

Brad and Erica said...

I love your Mary Poppins and Bert costumes - nice work guys! It sounds like Brody also had a good time trick or treating, and made quite the haul. Good day.

Shari Davis said...

So cute Jessica! Brody is too cute!I loved your Mary Poppins costume and Bert. Very creative! Sorry you had to leave Rod's class early. He really worked us huh? I'm so tired!

Bastianclan said...

I love it when our little guys are so independent and then guess what they really do need their moms. I love it. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I should of come to your house for a family pic. Giggles. I will remember that for next time. Have a great day...
Tina

Anonymous said...

You guys looked awesome. It's so fun to dress as a couple. Um, your kids are attractive. And also, I like you.

Adelheide said...

The boys are too cute. Was Bridger a monkey? It is kind of ironic that the fireman went running away from the smoke... makes for a good story though.

Eliza said...

First of all, you are all hot, and by hot I mean attractive, and by attractive, I mean smokin'. Second, your Mary Poppins costume was very cute. You said it was ghetto so I expected a little WT if you know what I am saying.

The Findarle Family said...

SO CUTE! i loved the costumes. Brody is funny and nice! I want to kiss your boys right now!

Adelheide said...

By the way, I love that you always have lots of pictures in your blogs!

Becky said...

I LOVE your Mary Poppins costume. Adam does not know what he is talking about!!! I especially love the carpetbag purse. WOW. Your boys are dang cute. Maybe some day I can be with them on Halloween and see them in action.

heather said...

I love you costumes! YOur kids are too cute!