CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Pumpkin Patch and other Not-As-Exciting Events

I know it's been a while since I posted and I wish I had a good excuse but I don't. I am a lazy procrastinator.

I haven't written since before Conference so let me just say- wasn't it great? I got to see all 4 sessions because we have DVR and could watch it after the kids went to bed. One of my favorite talks was by the new RS General President Julie Beck. Her talk was about "Mothers Who Know". She said that women have the most power and influence in the home. They plan, organize, work and teach because those are the MOST important activities of life. Maybe I loved it so much because sometimes I just feel so small in the world- like I stay in my house so much and am so busy with my kids that I don't have that great of an influence on the world, but if I teach my kids to make good choices and to recognize the Spirit and to serve others, that will do so much for the world. Then they can teach their children and so on. I just like to think that what I am doing will have some positive effect on something- anything.

Wednesday for our play group we went to the Pumpkin Patch. There
was a lady there who did story time at the beginning and was really impressed that all of the kids (about 15 of them) sat still and listened to the story. I was pretty impressed, too, but by about the fourth book the kids started getting restless and so story time was cut a little short. Thank goodness. Then they all got a coloring page and crayons and their very own little pumpkin. For the next 30 minutes all the moms just chased their crazy kids around trying to prevent injury to their children and to the pumpkins. I was not successful. Brody stomped on a pumpkin and squashed it. It was pretty gross. I went to go pay for it and the man said, "Oh, it was probably rotten anyway- don't worry about it." I was pretty relieved. Who wants to spend money on a gross squashed pumpkin?

Adam started his classes this last week. He is taking three classes and they are 8 week classes. After he's done with these he will need 45 credits to graduate, which he can get done in less than 18 months. Then he will have his GI Bill money to apply to his Masters. His degree is in Religion and he is thinking about adding a minor in Middle Eastern Studies.

Bridger had his 9 month check up this week and is doing great. He is over 22 pounds and is about 28 inches long.

T
oday Adam came up with some really cool tactile/hearing games for Brody. He blindfolded him and handed him different objects (an apple, a yogurt cup, a remote control, some toys, etc.) and had Brody guess what they were. He did way better than we thought he would. He guess them all right except he thought a pretzel fish was a rock (until he ate it). Then Adam went and hid and called out Brody's name and Brody had to find him by listening to Adam's voice. Brody LOVED the games. He kept saying, "More game?".

I keep forgetting to write something that Brody does that is really funny. Whenever he thinks Adam or I are being silly, he says, "Oh, Mom!" or "Oh Dad!" and uses the right voice inflections to make it sound like he thinks we are being ridiculous. I wish I could describe it in words...it is really cute.

4 comments:

Zachariah Parry said...

I am glad you didn't have to pay for a rotten, smashed pumpkin.

Bridger has beautiful eyes.

The Findarle Family said...

you have cute kids and wouldn't it be SWEET if Eliza moved there?

Anonymous said...

You guys do a good job of doing a lot with your kids. They sure are cute.

Ferret said...

What adorable pictures!!! Looks like everyone had fun at the pumpkin patch!