CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Sa-yite Poopoo!

This week has been less than ideal but today has been so nice that it almost makes up for the rest. Bridger has been cutting teeth for the last few weeks...one will just cut through and another one will begin. He has also been really stuffy and he feel the other night and gave himself a fat lip. I didn't get to go to my gym class on Thursday because that's the day I usually take the boys to the daycare there and last week they told me not to bring Bridger back because he "wasn't adjusting well" which meant they didn't want to hear him cry. He was fussy that day because he was teething and is starting his separation anxiety phase. My view is that it's good for him to be in other environments and to get used to being away from me. Plus, it's REALLY good for me to be away from them for a while. Anyway, once he is back to his happy self I will start taking them again. I really missed it. It is one of the only things I look forward to every week. It is going to be brutal to go back after not working out for a week!

Brody has been doing a lot better as far as his health is concerned. We went to a pediatric
hematologist yesterday and they drew more blood (he had 4 vials drawn on Tuesday). She took a quick look and said he is not iron deficient, which is weird because he has been since he was 6 months old. They are going to do an iron study and make sure everything is okay. Then this next Tuesday he has a barium swallow test where he fasts for the morning (torture) and then drinks a nasty drink (more torture) and then they x-ray him swallowing to see what's going on with him. Then after they get those results back we might have to have a sleep study done because of his sleeping anxiety issues. Hopefully by the end of the year we will have answers to all of our questions and we will be able to help him. It is frustrating to not know what is going on.

Brody is learning more and more words and sentences everyday. He cracks me up. We are slowly potty training him. When he wants to go #2 in the potty he does and if not he doesn't. He doesn't really like getting his diaper changed and so when we ask him if he went he blames it on someone (or something else). Usually it is Bridger that gets blamed but today we went on base and I could smell something in the car. As we were passing a bunch of huge satellites I said, "Brody did you go poopoo?" and he said, "Nooooo, sa-yite poopoo!" I said, "The satellite went poopoo?" and he said, "YES! SA-YITE POOPOO!" I couldn't hold in my laughter even though it's probably not good to laugh about him lying. Where does he come up with this stuff?

Last Saturday night I went to the General Relief Society Broadcast dinner that the stake RS put together. It was soup
and bread and desserts. I know am a picky eater, but I figured they would have at least one kind of soup I would like. Out of the 14 or so soups that they had, none of them appealed to me. I took a little of two kinds to try them but when I got to the table, just the sight of them made me nauseous, not to mention the smell. Putrid. So I had about 6 rolls, some cornbread and some homemade wheat bread. I'm pretty sure my stomach expanded more than is healthy that night but at least I didn't go hungry. The desserts were sick too. They had one good thing but by the time I went to get it it was gone. Dinner aside, the night was great. I loved President Monson's talk and it made me want to be a better visiting teacher. I need to do more than visit my sisters. I need to pray for them and make sure their needs are taken care of.

So last night Hannah came over (she's been in Utah for 6

weeks and is finally home- YAY!) and we made a Halloween craft together. It was fun and I really like the way they turned out. Here is a picture of it. We decided that Frankenstein's jacket looks like a grandma cardigan but we made it from a square of felt okay?

How much would you all pay for this set of blocks at a craft store if you were into that kind of thing? Be honest, okay? I want to know if I got my money's worth by making these and I want to
know how much I could sell them for if I decided to do so. Plus, I just like participation in the form of comments on my blog.

For those of you who know my best friend Kendra, she had her baby on Monday night. His name is
Casen Marc Cox and he is CUTE.

Zach and Jacob, I hope you had great birthdays. Before the time passes by, I want to say Happy Birthday to
Royah, James, Hannah, and Mom. Also, it's Adam's birthday on the 17th so don't forget to wish him a happy birthday (you know who you are, forgetful people).

8 comments:

Ferret said...

Jessica, those are adorable! I would pay $12 for them, too cute!

Amber said...

I would pay $12 each. If I had money. And if you threw in some satellite poop for free.

This is Zach, not Amber, by the way.

Brad and Erica said...

It is more fun posting in Germany because everything except what I'm writing is in German - but it still isn't as fun as reading about satellites pooping. We saw some of France, but there were no pooping satellites or cute little kids, just men wearing really tight pants or capris and carrying purses speaking funny languages. We miss you guys a lot, and we haven't found any kids as cute as Brody and Bridger yet. Hopefully our kid will be as cute - otherwise it may not be worth it. Keep us posted, we love reading your blog.

P.S. You should post some of the family pictures you had taken.

The Findarle Family said...

Brody is FUNNY! Bridger is getting cuter every single day. You are nice and made really cute Halloween decor. You are nice except you haven't commented on my blog which makes you un-nice.

Eliza said...

I would pay a good $10 for that little set. I might pay more if I gave a crap about that kind of thing. Brody is funny. Bridger is cute and those people at the daycare are stupid. I love you all.

Becky said...

I would never buy anything crafty at a store that I could make because I am cheap that way but I imagine they would go for about $25 for the set. How tall are they anyway?

Your boys are dang cute!

Happy Birthday Adam. What do you want? Oh yea, you don't like to make a list. Jessica, What does he want?

Jacob Parry said...

I would pay $13 each. I do have the money. I don't want any satellite poop for free.

This is Jacob, not anyone else, by the way.

Sarah Goodsell said...

Hey Jess it's Sarah Calabro. I can't believe I found you. Hope all is well with you guys. Your biys are cute!