CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 26, 2007

Halloween Costume Woes














Hello friends! You may notice our blog looks a little different this week. It was getting stale to us so we changed it up a bit.

I always try to write within a week of the last post but it never seems to happen. This week is no different. If you are like me, you go to all of your friend and family blogs almost everyday to see if there is a new post and when there isn't, you are disappointed. Well, get used to disappointment.

This picture is of Bridger right when he woke up from a long nap. He looks completely wasted.

These past few weeks have been so busy for me! I always thought that moms that didn't work were full of it when they said they were really busy. What do they do all day? Stay at home with their kids, half of them in school and get stuff done, right? Wrong. The only time I can get stuff done is when the kids are in bed. That happens twice a day- nap time at noon and bedtime at 7. During nap time I usually have grand plans of cleaning or making cards or making phone calls but noon comes around and I am dead. When I can I just take a nap at the same time as the boys. That means that all the stuff I have to do has to be done after they go to bed at night and the last couple of weeks I have had stuff at night. Last week was the RS Visiting Teaching Conference which I was in charge of and we have had birthdays, ward activities to get ready for and I even got a girl's night out this week! Needless to say, the house is a mess, we have had leftovers a lot and I am really looking forward to the weekend.

Thursday the boys and I went to a play group Halloween party. They had their costumes on and we got to see all the other kids in the ward and their costumes. It was really fun. We decorated cu
pcakes that were oh so yummy and everyone traded candy. Tonight is our ward Fall Festival and I have been trying to get all of our costumes ready. I am going to be Mary Poppins and Adam will be Bert. For weeks I have looked at thrift stores and online for things to put together my costume. I finally put it all together last night and......it looks RIDICULOUS! Adam said I looked like a mime. I guess Mary Poppins on a tight budget isn't as easy as I thought it would be. Adam's costume looks great. I guess he'll just have to go with white trash Mary Poppins. We will post pictures of it all later.

Yesterday I walked into the living room and Bridger was standing up next to the tv holding a toy in both of his hands. Yes that's right- he wasn't propped up on anything- standing all by himself. I am dumb and loudly said, "Bridger! You're standing all by yourself!" and he fell down. I have tried to get him to do it again today but no luck.

Brody is all about doing things by himself these days, or in his words, "Ah ah self". Sometimes it is annoying when I am in a hurry and he wants to put his shoes on all by himself (especially since he ALWAY
S puts them on the wrong feet) but it is neat that he is learning to do things for himself. Another cool thing he did this week is spell something out by himself. We play the letter game a lot that Adam's sister Stalina got for him. It's a tin school house with magnetic letters inside with a matching card that the letter fits in. Adam works with him a lot and he now knows all of the letters. So we were at his friend Hayden's house the other day and in Hayden's room, he has letters that spell out him name on the wall. Brody pointed and said, "H" and so I pointed out the rest of the letters and as I pointed, he said "A-Y-D-E-N". It was really cool. I didn't know at that point that he knew all his letters. When we got home I pulled out the letters and quizzed him and he knew them all. Some sound the same- like G and J but he knew them all. I was really proud of him. He even says the word for some of them like D- Dog and B-Bus. I like him.










Oh- I just remembered one more thing I was going to write. The other day Brody sat on the couch by himself and read himself a book. He looked at the pictures and described them using
his limited vocabulary. He is so intellectual.

4 comments:

Zachariah Parry said...

If all you had done was put the picture of bridger fresh after a nap it would have been worth it. One of my all-time favorites. You'll have to send me a high-quality one.

By the way, you are supposed to be sending me pictures anyway.

Becky said...

I knew my grandkids were the smartest ever.

The Mitchells said...

I think one of my favorite things is to listen in when Cade is "reading" to himself. And that is such a great picture!
-April

The Findarle Family said...

He is the smartest kid alive!!!! SHEESH! he must take after his Uncle Zach! (by the way that part of the comment was to bribe Zach to get off my back about high quality pictures when I dont have a camera)