CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Girl's Trip to the Beach!

A few of you have asked where I was when Adam had a weekend on his own with the boys. Well, a few of my friends and I decided a while ago to plan a girl's trip that we could take once none of us were way pregnant or breastfeeding. All of our awesome husbands coordinated their time off work for the same weekend (which is more complicated than it sounds since a lot of them work in the same place). My friend Rachel's parents own a beach house in Saint George Island, Florida so they were so nice to let us stay in it for the weekend. It was a beautiful house and it even had an elevator in it which I was amazed at the whole weekend.

We left Thursday at around 4 and after an 8 hour drive full of adventure in and of itself, we arrived and went to bed. Friday we took a walk on the freezing cold beach and found beautiful shells and starfish and other interesting treasures that we couldn't identify. We went to lunch at a little diner called "That Place on 98" that had yummy burgers and also some fish foods that I'm sure fish-lovers would enjoy (I am not a fish-lover). Saturday we just hung out inside because it was rainy and cold. The whole weekend was just relaxing and full of fun. I kind of forgot I was a mom sometimes because we just did whatever we wanted, which rarely happens in the life of a mom. We watched tons of girly movies, did each other's hair and nails, stamped cards, made our meals together, had great conversation, and laughed and laughed and laughed. It was an amazing and rejuvenating weekend. We all learned a lot about each other and became even better friends.

Although I enjoyed my weekend away I was so excited to come home and see my 3 boys again. When I got home, I was not disappointed. Brody was waiting at the window for me and there was a "Welcome Home Mommy" sign on the door. Bridger kicked his feet in excitement when I picked him up and cuddled him. I am really grateful that Adam was not only willing to stay home with the boys but is such a great dad. The boys had so much fun with him I'm pretty sure they didn't even realize I was gone. I thought I would get home and Adam would be so much more appreciative of what I do everyday but he just said it was so easy and he would rather stay home with the boys than go to work everyday. I guess I'm not going to be getting any sympathy from him from now on! =)

This picture: From left Rachel, Hannah, Me, Shari, and Megan.

Now real life has started again... but now I am starting to plan in my head my next weekend away with the girls!

Finally, I would just like to say that I am kind of devastated by the death of Heath Ledger. I've been a pretty big fan since "10 Things I Hate About You" and "A Knight's Tale". Mostly I am sad because his little 2-year-old daughter has to grow up without a dad. It's too bad that things like this have to happen to such great and talented people.

11 comments:

Becky said...

The only picture that came up was the one of Heath, which is a good one, but I would like to see pictures of your trip. When are we going to be able to do a mother-daughter trip again??

Becky said...

The only picture that came up was the one of Heath, which is a good one, but I would like to see pictures of your trip. When are we going to be able to do a mother-daughter trip again??

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast. I'm so glad you got to do that. You deserve it.

Aivaz Family said...

Ditto on the Heath Ledger thing. That was way sad. Your trip sounded awesome. You are cute and what not.

Brianna said...

I couldn't see any pictures from your trip. I'm glad that you had a blast and that Adam was able to watch the boys. I'm sure they had fun, but that they missed you terribly!

heather said...

I am so glad you got to take a trip. I think you deserve it, you're a mom! I'm glad you had fun. Wish I could see the pictures.

Julie said...

What a fun trip for you all! It is always fun to have a little break. I am glad that Adam enjoyed the weekend too. Not all husbands enjoy it that much.

Anita said...

I am so jealous!! Looks like you guys had so much fun AND what a HOT picture you found of Heath Ledger! I was a huge fan.

Shari Davis said...

Hey, you got the pictures!!!!!! I want some!!! We did have so much fun. I'm glad we all went. You are a super fun person and I had a blast with ya!

Kendra said...

I am a little behind in my blogging! I am glad you had fun on your trip! I was pretty sad about Heath Ledger also, my first thought was also his little daughter! Poor thing!

Lenae said...

I finally found someone as bummed as I am about Heath Ledger's death! I felt like a freak the whole afternoon after I saw it on the news, because I was genuinely sad, but mostly for the same reason you said... His poor little girl. Anyways, glad you guys all had fun during your Girls Only trip :)