CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2008

President Hinckley

President Gordon B. Hinckley, the prophet and president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, died 7 p.m. Sunday at home of causes incident to age, surrounded by family. He was 97. I will always remember President Hinckley, his love for the church and for the temple and his sense of humor. I'm so glad he will be able to be with his wife again, although I am sad that he is no longer our prophet. His testimony has made my testimony stronger and he has helped me to feel the love of the Savior through his inspired conference talks and other teachings.

I read that President Monson will most likely be chosen as prophet, which is exciting. President Monson presided over and spoke at our stake conference yesterday via live broadcast about 8 hours before President Hinckley died. Does that mean we were the last ones to hear him speak before he became the prophet? That would be neat.

3 comments:

Julie said...

So sad. :( But I agree with everything that you said about him. He was a wonderful prophet and will be missed.

Kendra said...

It was such shocking news to find out about President Hinckley even though we should have expected it soon. I kind of thought he would live forever! I can't believe how fast the news spread to us. We got a call within a half hour of it happening. There has also been some really great articles in our news paper and it is nice to see that even people outside of the church cared for him! He will definitely be missed but I look forward to President Monson as well, he will be great!

Bastianclan said...

I was in shock when I got the call at 10:20pm Sunday night. So Sad my first thought was he was sleeping with his wife tonight. I think one of my favorite talks from Gordon B Hinkley is the 6 B's. I love that. I too thought about Pres. Monson. It would be super cool. Aweee he will be missed... have a wonderful day.