CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Mommy Daddy

So, since I have been in the role of mommy and daddy the last few days I suppose I am in charge of updating the blog with all the gory details of my days at home with the boys. First of all I have to say that staying at home with the kids is about 1000 percent better than being stuck at work. I got to play, wrestle, shop, choose from a variety of foods, relax on the couch, check email, go for walks and watch cute kids do cute things. (I also got to witness cute kids do not so cute things, but those are few and far between.) I think I may have Jess go back to work so I can stay at home and be a house husband – or as the arabs say “Lord of the house.”

On Thursday night we had one of Brody’s little friends over for dinner and some play time. When his Dad came to pick him up he told him to say “bye, bye” to Brody, which he politely did. What then followed was surprising and made both Jonathan (the Dad) and I laugh out loud. Brody, as he ran to open the front door for his little friend, Benjamin, exclaimed: “bye, bitiba (Benjamin) nice meet you!” I had never heard that before and he said it so naturally (though untimely) that it was just precious. Brody is one cute kid.

Later that night I finished brushing Brody’s teeth to see Bridger happily playing by himself. Unfortunately, his play thing was the toilet bowl. With superhuman strength and agility he must have lifted the lid when I wasn’t looking and thrust as much of himself into the bowl as he could. He didn’t seem to mind that, but he hated that I dared wash his hands.

On Friday we just played and hung out until about 3 when we drove to a place called “jump city”. I had no idea what to expect but it turned out to be the best $4.28 I ever spent. They had 4 huge inflatable play areas, 2 of which had slides, and one of which had an inflatable obstacle course. The best part? I didn’t have to pay for myself, but got to play as much as the kids. We were non-stop for the full 2 hours. I think Brody probably burned about 50,000 calories running all over that place – especially climbing up the stairs to go down the slide 200 times. Bridger was a little scared at first, but then decided to loosen up and fling himself down the tallest slide with a few rolls at the end. They both loved it, and I was jealous that I didn’t get to do things like that when I was young. I can do it now, but I will never know the sensation of sliding down a 20 foot slide suspended by my ankles facing the bottom – Bridger will though!

I found out that day that Bridger can eat raisins now.

I found out the next day that he swallowed them whole and didn’t bother to digest them.

On Saturday we did much the same things as Friday, except that we braved the rain and went to Chucky Cheese’s. (Brody calls it “Gucky Jesus”) Note to self, and every one else: don’t go to Gucky Cheese’s on Saturday. That place was absolute chaos. No place to sit, kids running around everywhere, nasty pizza piled on the tables, Moms and dads passed out from exhaustion – it was not that great. I found myself wishing we had gone back to the jump city. I let Brody play 5 bucks worth of games to win about 150 tickets. Instead of waiting to cash them in for a tootsie roll we headed home. McDonalds is not my favorite place, but at least their chicken nuggets are so processed I didn’t have to worry about Bridger choking on it. I, on the other hand, did have to choke down my burger. At least, I think that is what it was.

Last night during the boys’ bath I said Brody had a small bum and Bridger had a big bum. Brody scooted over to Bridger and while tapping Bridger’s bum (he was standing) asked “Bridger big bum just like you?” Excuse me?! I do not have a big bum, and I told him so. He then said “you small bum just like me!” See? Every experience is an opportunity for quality teaching.

Well, today is Sunday already and Jess will be home before dinner. That was fast. I was planning on going to church today with both boys, but Bridger is definitely sick – every 5 minutes his binky is covered in snot and his temp is a few degrees above normal. I hope people don’t think I didn’t go because I couldn’t handle both boys by myself – because I could!

As an end note, over the last few days I also discovered that Bridger likes pizza, chicken nuggets, scrambled eggs, chocolate chips, brownies, cookies, fudge, smoothies, now and laters, smores, brown sugar chunks, ice cream, skittles, syrup, reeses, dum dums, popsicles, cake, and bananas dipped in chocolate syrup. But he doesn’t like spinach.

OH yeah! and it snowed at our house this week!

12 comments:

Aivaz Family said...

Cute, cute kids. Looks like you guys had a blast.

Shari Davis said...

Ben and I seriously laughed reading this!!!!! So cute!!!!!!! You have some very smart boys!

Becky said...

It's a good thing Adam is just a big little kid. You are very blessed to have him Jessica. Of course Adam is super lucky to have you too. And we are so glad to have you all. Aren't we a happy family!

Jessica said...

This is a note to Becky- I LOVE YOU MOM!!!! You are hot.

Adelheide said...

Totally cute kids and that welcome home sign is really cool.

Brianna said...

SO where did you go?

Kendra said...

What a good daddy. I'm glad you survived the weekend and had so much fun! Also, Jess, I hope that you had a blast on your vacation!

Steven said...

All of you Georgia girls have such cute blogs! I love looking at them! Thanks for your post - we WILL have to come visit the Grovetown ward! We miss you guys!

Steven said...

Alright, so my post above published my hubbies name but this Lynette. Thanks!

Bastianclan said...

Adam,it looks like you had a wonderful time hanging with your boys. How fun... Your such a fun dad. What great memories you made with your super cute boys...

heather said...

Jess, where did you go for the weekend? I'm glad Adam had fun with the boys.

The Findarle Family said...

1st. bridger is so big and adam is really weird. brody is atttractive and I like the sogn! it is really cute.